Fifa 20

I do the same.

Is Career Mode much different? Are the new additions any good?
Gameplay wise - it’s the same so I won’t bore you with that detail.

You can talk to players individually & you’ll get to do press conferences before certain matches (I simmed to the start of the season to see what the press conferences are like).

In short, they’re easy. Every option would raise team morale or player morale. Maybe because it was pre-season and you can’t say much wrong at that stage but was hoping for a negative impact.

Not sure how team morale affects performance. In football manager it obviously has an effect but in Fifa you control the players so I’m not sure. Maybe players won’t move off the ball as much if they’re unhappy?

It’s a step in the right direction but I didn’t see any options to negatively impact anyone (I know it’s not something you’d want to do but it’s not that realistic if every option is a positive).

For example, Honeyman (in the beta he is still at Sunderland) welcomes me to the squad and the least positive thing I can say is ‘thank you’. I wanted a PG fuck off option. :lol:

They need to bring negative options into it imo but it’s too late to do that (perhaps in Fifa 21).

The customisation is very in detail this time but I can’t be arsed with taking potentially half an hour to make him look like me. It’s a step in the right direction though.

Other aspects of career mode - exactly the same from what I can tell. Pre season tournaments are the same (choose from 3), contracts are still the same. Only difference they’ve made is adding in press conferences. No youth teams still.

Wouldn’t say it’s worth another £50 from the Beta but of course I’ll be getting it straight away. :lol:

Last edited:

Hoying the demo on the neet. I gave it a miss last year and have pre ordered, but could change my mind yet. I still play 18 to remind myself why I hate it from time to time.

Hoying the demo on the neet. I gave it a miss last year and have pre ordered, but could change my mind yet. I still play 18 to remind myself why I hate it from time to time.

I’ve played four, lost three and drawn one. People been saying it’s the same as 19 but feels different to me.

Only had a couple games but the demo feels just like the beta did, a touch slower and smoother passing. The FUTWIZ website has all the player ratings on for fifa 20, just had a mess about building some potential squads for Ultimate Team.

Feels like you actually have to create chances and your passes aren't guaranteed to find a man.

Also. Maybe I was playing shite one game but the AI seemed to suss out I was playing down the wings a lot and covered them more

Back