Fifa 20

A whole game could be built around career mode and be worth £60 itself if they paid more attention to it.

Imagine playing an FM type game but you play the matches instead of view them.

The player career mode is an absolute shambles. There's no interaction at all to keep you interested, at least on the manager career mode you can scout, train players, set up tactics etc.

Pro Clubs has so much potential too. It's a brilliant concept and I remember spending ages on it when it was first introduced.

Going to download the PES demo tonight and see what that's like.

They have been paying so little attention to that that when you start it they haven't changed the year your player has been born so in 18 it was 20, this year 21. Career mode is total trash but admitedly still play it.

:oops:

Looks good. I like the dynamic potentials. They've needed that for a while.

They have been paying so little attention to that that when you start it they haven't changed the year your player has been born so in 18 it was 20, this year 21. Career mode is total trash but admitedly still play it.

:oops:

Aye. And that. I'm 20 and born in 1998. I remember the year they stopped changing the D.O.B was 1997 (I was born in '98). I've never been able to play as my age, and by the time they fix it I'll be too old in-game so won't use my age.:lol:

Last edited:

Looks good. I like the dynamic potentials. They've needed that for a while.

Aye. And that. I'm 20 and born in 1998. I remember the year they stopped changing the D.O.B was 1997 (I was born in '98). I've never been able to play as my age, and by the time they fix it I'll be too old in-game so won't use my age.:lol:

Not bad, not groundbreaking so about what was expected.

Was really hoping for some customisation elements like they've added to UT this year.

Surely EA could make daft money for creating a Fortnite style system for customisation of players appearances in Clubs and therefore making money of it that way? Might actually force them to actually update it and make it a playable game mode

Not bad, not groundbreaking so about what was expected.

Was really hoping for some customisation elements like they've added to UT this year.

There's not much they can do in terms of customisation tbf. Clubs' kits/stadiums/badges are all licensed and are basically free advertising for said clubs. Not a chance in hell the clubs would allow FIFA to allow players to change these/customise these in-game.
Surely EA could make daft money for creating a Fortnite style system for customisation of players appearances in Clubs and therefore making money of it that way? Might actually force them to actually update it and make it a playable game mode

Possibly the worst suggestion I've seen. Imagine having to pay for your pro to have a different haircut/wear different boots etc. That would send Pro Clubs backwards.

Last edited:
There's not much they can do in terms of customisation tbf. Clubs' kits/stadiums/badges are all licensed and are basically free advertising for said clubs. Not a chance in hell the clubs would allow FIFA to allow players to change these/customise these in-game

Could have an edit feature where shirt sponsors can’t be changed or stadium names remain the same. Can’t see the issue personally

Just got a closed beta code for FIFA20, from tomorrow I get two weeks of testing Ultimate Team and kick off modes. Other people have been getting codes for the new Volta mode and stuff.

Had a few hours on the FUT beta tonight, managed to get O'Nien in my starting team. General gameplay is pretty similar although I think the passing feels a bit smoother. I think the big thing is the extra modes, you can play all the arcadey modes online now... King of The Hill was pretty fun. The new Volta mode is pretty enjoyable too.

Had a few hours on the FUT beta tonight, managed to get O'Nien in my starting team. General gameplay is pretty similar although I think the passing feels a bit smoother. I think the big thing is the extra modes, you can play all the arcadey modes online now... King of The Hill was pretty fun. The new Volta mode is pretty enjoyable too.

Pretty similar?

Bar the set pieces gameplay feels exactly the same.

Back