Favourite or worst gigs/concerts this year.

Best gig this year was Jason Isbell at the Apollo Manchester
worst was the Pretenders at Black Deer festival they were bang average.

Best gigs of the year for me, Ist Ist at the yard in Manchester, Pretenders at the cluny, blur at city hall and Muse at Manchester arena. No really bad gigs, some could've been better like.

Depeche Mode at the Ziggo dome or Goat at the boiler shop for the best. Haven't really seen any bad ones this year I can think of.
I was at the Ziggo dome. The first one 👍
The Stranglers are superb..all the haters who criticise them because there’s only JJ in the band from the originals..they don’t know what they’re missing.
Going to see them in March. On the guest list don’t you know 🙄😂

Last edited:
The talking I’ve noticed at gigs lately is ridiculous..i posted at the time about the Paul Weller gig a couple of years ago..just groups of people standing around nattering while he was playing..what’s the point..🤷🏻‍♂️
Really really pissed me off at Doherty gig in Stockton Ku - tickets were like gold dust anarl and loads just stood not even watching him
Best gig - Rev and the makers at Ku :cool:

Blur newcastle city Hall, absolutely amazing gig.

Worst was arctic monkeys at Glastonbury, awful and walked away after 45 minutes

Elton John in Glasgow was amazing, Richard Ashcroft supporting The Who was fab, Lighting Seeds a few times have been brill, worst was probably The Who, like them and enjoyed the gig as was desperate to see them but won’t rush back 🤷‍♂️
Edit: Pulp at Latitude were Fab U Lous 👍

Reverend and the Makers at o2 Academy in Sheffield was great and then seeing him do acoustic set in a double decker bus was added bonus along with meeting him.

Kasabian at the Royal Albert Hall. The best venue I've ever been to.

Tom Meighan at Riverside in Newcastle. Good new solo stuff along with the Kasabian hits.

Ian Brown at Live at the Big Top in Warrington. Not the best

Kings of Leon at Racecourse Ground in Wrexham. A band who on form are still very good and delivered that night.

Muse at John Smith's Stadium in Huddersfield then Bellahouston Park. Amazing show as always.

Kasabian at Millennium Square in Leeds. Nice city centre venue and another great gig from them.

Reverend And The Makers acoustic gig at Pop Recs. Cracking show at very under rates venue.

The Enemy at Kubix. Their set salvaging an awful day ruined by the downpour.

Miles Kane at Leadmill in Sheffield. Great venue that thankfully looks like it will be saved. Nice to get signed album afterwards from him.

Liam Gallagher at Boardmasters festival in Newquay. Flew down to Newquay and as always brilliant.

Noel Gallagher at Hardwick festival. Never thought I'd see a member of Oasis so close to home but what a gig. Saw him three days later doing Q+A in London.

Muse again. O2 in London rounding off the Will of the People tour with nice couple of rare tunes from Absolution played.

Andy Bell at Pop Recs. Second year in a row seeing him in Sunderland. Good show again.

Noel Gallagher at Leeds Arena with Tom Meighan supporting him. Excellent show from both.

Tom Meighan at o2 Academy in Leicester this past Friday. Nice pre Xmas gig

one of my best years for gigs and 2024 just as big

Kid Kapichi Supporting Nothing but thieves were brilliant...as were Nothing but Thieves...

not a gig as such but Guy J, Sebastien Leger, then Hernan Cattaneo and Nick Warren B2B dj'ing at Loveland was amazing....5hrs of bliss..

Back