Favourite or worst gigs/concerts this year.

I've noticed an increased amount of wanker behaviour at gigs this year. Last Saturday night The Lathums in Wigan twice appealed for people to be more considerate to others, stop throwing beer about etc and combined with some proper, old school bouncers taking no shit it seemed to work. The Showsec tailors dummies wearing yellow jackets would have been nowhere to be seen.
The talking I’ve noticed at gigs lately is ridiculous..i posted at the time about the Paul Weller gig a couple of years ago..just groups of people standing around nattering while he was playing..what’s the point..🤷🏻‍♂️

The talking I’ve noticed at gigs lately is ridiculous..i posted at the time about the Paul Weller gig a couple of years ago..just groups of people standing around nattering while he was playing..what’s the point..🤷🏻‍♂️
I posted at the time about a Sherlocks gig where I had to have words with a pair of knackers (male & female probably in their 50s) about shouting to each other in front of me (having moved there during the gig).

Difficult one ,
I thought Reverend and the makers was canny at pop recs
Reytons at IOW
Chemical brothers as above
I enjoyed PIl at fire station as well- sorry Al
Arcade Fire at Mijas Festival
To be honest loved all the music last year, this year and hopefully next year

Best this year and the best for a long time was James in Bristol
Worst and the worst for many years, Smoove And Turrel at the watering hole in perranporth. Very poor and they seemed pissed. Strange venue too

Don't do loads these days
Love the low key stuff
Benefits at Pop recs were just a massive assault on my senses
Dirty Sound Magnet at Anarchy brewery were a band meant for 50000 playing to 50
Awesome night .
People moaned about PIL but I loved it ,home town ,living legend , great band .

Best this year for me were Motley Crue by a mile.
Granted, Vince Neil’s best days are behind him, but Tommy Lee & Nikki Sixx were incredible, as was John5, who replaced Mick Marrs.
Well supported by Def Leppard as well.

Didn’t do many concerts this year but can’t fault anyone I’ve seen this year

What was the best..and worst if you want that you saw this year..mesel..the best was The Damned at Newcastle NX..Gang of Four in Byker..Dead Kennedys at the Boiler Shop..From the Jam were really good anarl..not really worst but i thought PiL were canny boring at the Fire Station.
Loved the Kennedys until @Dave Herbal got me on some crazy imperial stout afterwards which led to me falling up a kerb into a group of young pissed mags who weren't too impressed until @Sneech talked them round.
Laughed for about a year in the taxi home.

Loved the Kennedys until @Dave Herbal got me on some crazy imperial stout afterwards which led to me falling up a kerb into a group of young pissed mags who weren't too impressed until @Sneech talked them round.
Laughed for about a year in the taxi home.
I was waiting outside to give @Dave Herbal a lift home but when i left i thought the gig was finished and it turned out they played one more song..so i nashed..turned out there was too many of yous to give a lift anyway.

Top 5

1. Mogwai at Gateshead Sage Hall 1
2. PJ Harvey at Glasgow Barrowlands
3. Weyes Blood at Leeds Academy
4. Teenage Fanclub at Gateshead Glasshouse Hall 2
5. Little Simz at Glasgow Academy

All fantastic
Aldous Harding - Gateshead Sage Hall 1 deserves to be mentioned too. Just as good as the others I listed.

Last edited:
Guns n roses Hyde park, seriously first time I'd seen them live also it was the majority of the band I loved since I was a kid in the 80s. Slash still up there with the best guitarist live he was everything I'd thought he'd be, axel too after some bad press after the show in Scotland which he took the piss out of he seemed extra motivated to be the axl of old.

Close second was arctic monkeys down Boro, they are pretty much my fav "modern era" band it would've even beaten gnr was it not for Alex slowing down some songs but finishing with possible my favourite song of all time and playing with the crowd the place went nuts was something I'll never forget.

Worst easily Ian brown, yep I went to one of those karaoke gigs he did. We all know he can't sing for shit never really has been able too but still part of some all time classic songs as a band and as a solo artists. But being on stage all alone with some lights etc really he had nowhere to hide and it was painful at times tbh. Saved only by finishing with his big hitters as a solo artist which I love even done karaoke style.

Back