Fatty gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct like those having a dig at Sess when he made those comments a couple of months back. They are employees at the end of the day all you can ask is they give their all and do the job they're being paid to do.
Exactly mate. Bent is a hate figure on here yet how much better off we'd be if everyone came in and performed like he did for 18 month then made us a 100% profit.

Exactly mate. Bent is a hate figure on here yet how much better off we'd be if everyone came in and performed like he did for 18 month then made us a 100% profit.
I agree with you but you know as well as I do that the reason so many hate Bent is the way he went about it. Holing himself up in a hotel, singing his new club's praises while st the same time thumbing his nose at us.
The other thing with Bent was he was a bit of an idol to some, certainly to some of the young uns and he should have handled it all better.

100% profit?

We signed him for £10.5m with a figure of £16m being reached by goals scored or him being transferred for profit.

We sold him for a reported £18m to £24m where no one quite knows what we got. We'll have got a profit but absolutely nowhere near what you're implying.

100% profit?

We signed him for £10.5m with a figure of £16m being reached by goals scored or him being transferred for profit.

We sold him for a reported £18m to £24m where no one quite knows what we got. We'll have got a profit but absolutely nowhere near what you're implying.
Ok then so we perhaps made 10 mill and had 18 month good service. Doesn't get much better than that for a club like us.

I agree with you but you know as well as I do that the reason so many hate Bent is the way he went about it. Holing himself up in a hotel, singing his new club's praises while st the same time thumbing his nose at us.
The other thing with Bent was he was a bit of an idol to some, certainly to some of the young uns and he should have handled it all better.
I don't think he thumbed his nose at us mind he just done what most players do in that he talked up his new club.
I agree about the young uns idolising him but it certainly wasn't just young uns getting themselves in a state over leaving.
All in all I just don't get why players get such a bad press for moving onto something they think is more suitable providing whilst at a club and on a wage they perform. Clubs will happily chase a player out the door so why shouldn't players look for their own escape route?

I don't think he thumbed his nose at us mind he just done what most players do in that he talked up his new club.
I agree about the young uns idolising him but it certainly wasn't just young uns getting themselves in a state over leaving.
All in all I just don't get why players get such a bad press for moving onto something they think is more suitable providing whilst at a club and on a wage they perform. Clubs will happily chase a player out the door so why shouldn't players look for their own escape route?
I've read quite a few posters on here say that he could have been a legend if he'd stayed here and TBH I think they're right. That's another reason so many dislike him. The grass is always greener and he was a mercenary kissing the badge while trying to leave, even Turkey ffs.
Bent made the wrong choice and I have absolutely no doubt he knows that now.

I've read quite a few posters on here say that he could have been a legend if he'd stayed here and TBH I think they're right. That's another reason so many dislike him. The grass is always greener and he was a mercenary kissing the badge while trying to leave, even Turkey ffs.
In hindsight it probably was wrong move but we can't make decisions in life with benefit of that. He did what was best for him at time which I don't blame him for. He was very good here. Who I knows if his form would've dropped off here and a big money move like that for him may never have materialised again.

In hindsight it probably was wrong move but we can't make decisions in life with benefit of that. He did what was best for him at time which I don't blame him for. He was very good here. Who I knows if his form would've dropped off here and a big money move like that for him may never have materialised again.
Yes, as it happens with him we sold him at the right time. Maximum profit, but it was his doing not ours. For everyone we sell at the right time there's plenty we mess up with.
Kone is the most recent example, could have had £18m will be lucky to get £8m

Yes, as it happens with him we sold him at the right time. Maximum profit, but it was his doing not ours. For everyone we sell at the right time there's plenty we mess up with.
Kone is the most recent example, could have had £18m will be lucky to get £8m
Certainly his doing but when a player wants away in my opinion you are best off getting the best deal possible then let him go.

Not that I've seen. You calling people fat a bit rich as well mind...........
How nice it was to have a civil chat with you, you mixed up loser. Let me tell you at my age you can put a few stone I mean pounds on, it's called the good life, something you will never know or experience.

Tbf Bent didn't look too pleased when he signed for Villa. perhaps there were other things on his mind? :evil:

Ok then so we perhaps made 10 mill and had 18 month good service. Doesn't get much better than that for a club like us.

We made ten million? How is that possible given the overall fee to Spurs was £16m? We didn't sell him (according to reports everywhere) for £26m. People are still assuming his cost was £10.5m to us, but it wasn't. The reason the deal took so long was because Levy wanted the £16m back on him and they got it, just not in initial fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back