Fatty gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made ten million? How is that possible given the overall fee to Spurs was £16m? We didn't sell him (according to reports everywhere) for £26m. People are still assuming his cost was £10.5m to us, but it wasn't. The reason the deal took so long was because Levy wanted the £16m back on him and they got it, just not in initial fee.
So we got towards 24m for him we paid up to 16m so it's not a kick in arse off. You're hairsplitting here for some reason. He was good for us, we made a healthy profit. If only we could say that about more.

I've read quite a few posters on here say that he could have been a legend if he'd stayed here and TBH I think they're right. That's another reason so many dislike him. The grass is always greener and he was a mercenary kissing the badge while trying to leave, even Turkey ffs.
Bent made the wrong choice and I have absolutely no doubt he knows that now.

Agreed.

Greedy sod, a huge factor on our premier league development, those 2 seasons were pivotal.

So we got towards 24m for him we paid up to 16m so it's not a kick in arse off. You're hairsplitting here for some reason. He was good for us, we made a healthy profit. If only we could say that about more.

We may have got towards 24m for him. Initial fee was 18m. We don't know - you're stating we've made 100% or 10m profit without actually knowing that we have.

I think that's the point.

We may have got towards 24m for him. Initial fee was 18m. We don't know - you're stating we've made 100% or 10m profit without actually knowing that we have.

I think that's the point.
I said the 100% point was wrong but it's not unreasonable to suggest a 10m or near enough profit. As I've said my point is that we got a great 18 month from him then made a healthy profit yet he's a hate figure which is ridiculous given the absolute shite we've had through the doors over last 10 year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back