Fatal stabbing at Eldon Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all to blame. Allowing these people to get to that state by early teens.

The culture in society needs changing. We should stop expecting so little from certain sections of society. They need a kick up the arse.

If we're going to get sociological, there has always been an underclass. They've been kept down by all sorts of social restraints, some of which they put on themselves.
But with the immediate rather than deferred gratification being more the norm and things like Brighthouse (as was thankfully) offering people what they want but end up paying through the nose for it, they get elements of what they want, but they're still trapped in a poverty cycle, which leads to people being angry, jealous and in some ways having a high opinion of themselves than is actually warranted.
Yes you have a 50" TV but you've nowt in the fridge. Priorities for man go out the window.

I'm waiting a full on backlash from a lot of that, but it's true.
Regardless of privatising prison service, assaulting coppers should be dealt with with massive severity by any court in the land.
If coppers become fair game it does nothing but make their jobs even tougher than they already are and sends out the completely wrong message about law and order... and this follows for all sections of public workers, I’ve no doubt teachers have to put up with a load more shit than they ever used to from little toe rags thus sending out the message to others that it is in anyway acceptable, but these things need to be drilled into them by parents also, but as we see a lot of parents hold authority in as much contempt these days so the kids just follow suit

Exactly this. If a kid assaults a teacher and the parent or parents don't give a shit, what message does that send?

there'll have been lots of people there and the NE1 rangers because of the Screen on the Green. The police do a regular beat while the screens there as well.

*edit - just seen it was outside of greggs on the corner

Last edited:
If we're going to get sociological, there has always been an underclass. They've been kept down by all sorts of social restraints, some of which they put on themselves.
But with the immediate rather than deferred gratification being more the norm and things like Brighthouse (as was thankfully) offering people what they want but end up paying through the nose for it, they get elements of what they want, but they're still trapped in a poverty cycle, which leads to people being angry, jealous and in some ways having a high opinion of themselves than is actually warranted.
Yes you have a 50" TV but you've nowt in the fridge. Priorities for man go out the window.

I'm waiting a full on backlash from a lot of that, but it's true.

Yes there has been an underclass but that doesn't mean we should tolerate low expectations any more. It's patronising and a waste of money.

I doubt anything will change and thankfully this is a rare incident in North East.

Yes there has been an underclass but that doesn't mean we should tolerate low expectations any more. It's patronising and a waste of money.

I doubt anything will change and thankfully this is a rare incident in North East.

I quite agree. Everyone should be encouraged to be the best person they can be. Everyone has a part to play.
People sat on their arse getting funded by the state while they pop out kids disgusts me.
They don't pay in, but they're happy to take out.

Obviously their identities will be protected but I bet they are from upstanding model citizen families.

I hope they go down for life, they will be out in less than 10 years

Of course the identities will be protected. If not it would mean the little cherubs would be vilified publicly and perhaps, after release from what i have little doubt will be a ridiculously lenient sentence, not be able to resume a life of being a worthless little rat.

Name and shame. Photographs in the paper. Photographs then issued in the papers just prior to release. We all deserve to know who they are, when they are getting out, and when they are likely to be mixing with normal folk.

Hopefully they have an accident, preferably fatal, whilst in custody.

that reportings wrong, northumbria police say it was in the doorway of eldon square. dunno how that report says it was greggs and shows a photo of the one on the corner

More scrotes popping up time and time again WATTBA.
Because of their age I doubt anything effective can be done with them regarding sentence or punishment, leaving them to continue on in their feral ways soon enough

that reportings wrong, northumbria police say it was in the doorway of eldon square. dunno how that report says it was greggs and shows a photo of the one on the corner
I initially thought it was the one heading towards Waterstones/the monument.

Looks like it was inside opposite Starbucks?

It's in the middle of old Eldon Square where the screen on the green is.

Whoever done it will probably be out of prison in 20 year. No doubt a reformed gentleman with a twinkle in his eye.

Seriously, I don’t expect United States law to be thrust upon ours, but the sentences we give out, and the loopholes they have to get out early, is shocking.

There was a teen got four fuckin year for sexually attacking a toddler, sure that was on the North East news not long ago. Pathetic, good honest people stand no chance, and the police stand no chance as well, because they get the brunt of stick when something goes wrong. They don’t have the funding, it’s obvious ain’t it.

Whoever done it will probably be out of prison in 20 year. No doubt a reformed gentleman with a twinkle in his eye.

Seriously, I don’t expect United States law to be thrust upon ours, but the sentences we give out, and the loopholes they have to get out early, is shocking.

There was a teen got four fuckin year for sexually attacking a toddler, sure that was on the North East news not long ago. Pathetic, good honest people stand no chance, and the police stand no chance as well, because they get the brunt of stick when something goes wrong. They don’t have the funding, it’s obvious ain’t it.

Those arrested are aged 17-20. They'll be out in a LOT less than 20 years.

If it's a 14 year old they'll probably not even see the inside of an adult prison. Well not for this anyway.

The words "unprovoked" and "chance encounter" being used by the police.
Sounds like there may be a chance he wasn't even breaking up a fight?

A single stab wound to the chest with a screwdriver apparently.

Was there last week walking past the green towards the monument 1and some little scum bag was berating a clearly disabled elderly bloke, there was a community support police officer mediating the situation and telling him to move on and the lad and his mates abuse became directed to him, he had no respect and was saying he could do "fuck all" and laughing at him and calling him a bitch. I nearly saw red and intervened. Would have been about 14 year old as well the little twat, wouldn't be surprised if it was the same set of kids

Horrible story, rip to the poor bloke

It’s not all over the news but a man has been fatally stabbed in Eldon Square shopping centre at about 6pm.
A total of six people have been arrested for the murder.
Not a lot on the news yet but occurred apparently somewhere around the old Eldon Square entrance.
When is this madness going to end.

What, all murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back