Fatal stabbing at Eldon Square

That's a totally different situation and you're being facetious

I think you're being a bit naive. One of the main reasons people carry knives is the almost complete lack of deterant in regards to jail time.

Impose lengthy sentences and a large portion of said criminals will find guns. It's not like they aren't here already, it's just that it's a much greater punishment.

I think you're being a bit naive. One of the main reasons people carry knives is the almost complete lack of deterant in regards to jail time.

Impose lengthy sentences and a large portion of said criminals will find guns. It's not like they aren't here already, it's just that it's a much greater punishment.

I wouldn't say I'm being naive, I totally agree with you in fact on the lack of deterrent.
Same sentence for those who have guns as knives. The intent is there whether or not they're used.

i seen the comments yesterday about someone stumbling and collapsing outside of greggs then someone put a picture online of a screen all around the entrance of the shop.

RIP the bloke, cannot imagine what the family must be going through.

as for the culprits, we need to see more punishment now as its way out of hand people walking round with knives or any object like that nevermind doing it in broad daylight

I wouldn't say I'm being naive, I totally agree with you in fact on the lack of deterrent.
Same sentence for those who have guns as knives. The intent is there whether or not they're used.

Again, similar sentencing will just drive the use towards the more deadly of the two choices.

I'm not suggesting that people should be able to avoid jail, as they currently can, but I think its a bit more complex than just increasing the sentencing.

Again, similar sentencing will just drive the use towards the more deadly of the two choices.

I'm not suggesting that people should be able to avoid jail, as they currently can, but I think its a bit more complex than just increasing the sentencing.

If you're caught with a weapon, it should be an instant community service charge and/or fine. Constantly sticking people in and out of prison obviously isn't going to solve anything

And according to the media, Priti Patel was ridiculously out of touch when she previously expressed support for the death penalty.

This is despite support only dropping below 50% in polling about five years ago (having always previously been above 50% since abolition), and support still comfortably exceeding opposition (keeping in mind the 'don't knows').

Also what I heard (trying to break up a fight between young kids). Apparently stabbed with a screwdriver! I'd imagine there should be plenty of witnesses and CCTV so here's hoping they catch the cowardly little shits that did it.

I heard he was stabbed in the head or neck so if it was a screwdriver that was the weapon, the damage must’ve been horrendous. I’ve seen two people stabbed with one dying and it’s not a pretty sight. What possesses these mindless idiots to carry out such horrific acts of violence over petty bollocks? I’m gutted for the bloke and his family.

I heard he was stabbed in the head or neck so if it was a screwdriver that was the weapon, the damage must’ve been horrendous. I’ve seen two people stabbed with one dying and it’s not a pretty sight. What possesses these mindless idiots to carry out such horrific acts of violence over petty bollocks? I’m gutted for the bloke and his family.

A complete lack of upbringing, lack of decent roll models, lack of intelligence, poor education, drink, drugs, less police presence, no moral compass or respect are some of the reasons I’m afraid. Horrendous incident.

And according to the media, Priti Patel was ridiculously out of touch when she previously expressed support for the death penalty.

This is despite support only dropping below 50% in polling about five years ago (having always previously been above 50% since abolition), and support still comfortably exceeding opposition (keeping in mind the 'don't knows').

not sure if serious.

Explain how putting someone in prison for carrying a weapon - so the intent is there even if not used - is going to solve the problem.
Actually getting to the root of why they're carrying a weapon in the first place may prevent or dissuade others from carrying one.
Sticking them in prison is expensive and probably doesn't solve the problem
Arm the police too, it's just getting daft.

They are armed. But arm them more and guess what happens?
30 seconds into this - perfect summary. It's all about escalation

Last edited:
Explain how putting someone in prison for carrying a weapon - so the intent is there even if not used - is going to solve the problem.
Actually getting to the root of why they're carrying a weapon in the first place may prevent or dissuade others from carrying one.
Sticking them in prison is expensive and probably doesn't solve the problem

While that might be of benefit to the kids who carry out of fear or prevention, but what about the out and out criminal shit bags who aren't doing it through a lack of education but rather to deliberately cause harm/fear etc?

Back