Fatal stabbing at Eldon Square

i seen the comments yesterday about someone stumbling and collapsing outside of greggs then someone put a picture online of a screen all around the entrance of the shop.

RIP the bloke, cannot imagine what the family must be going through.

as for the culprits, we need to see more punishment now as its way out of hand people walking round with knives or any object like that nevermind doing it in broad daylight

If they were the same sentence, you're right in saying that less people would carry knives.

However, like @Titus said more people would carry guns who used to carry knives. Gun crimes would rise as knife crimes drop.

People would still need 'protection'. People would still need to induce fear into others. Why would they carry a knife if both sentences are the same? May as well carry a gun.

Last edited:

If they were the same sentence, you're right in saying that less people would carry knives.

However, like @Titus said more people would carry guns who used to carry knives. Gun crimes would rise as knife crimes drop.

People would still need 'protection', why would they carry a knife if both sentences are the same? May as well carry a gun.

A lot of money desperately needs to go in to education in schools regarding the mindset of this loyalty that kids hold to a council estate where they were born/raised and the perceived loyalty they have to the area when they attack people from 'rival' areas. There's a mentality of not wanting to leave 'the hood'. Better integration between the different backgrounds of some of the black cultures too, i.e carribean and somalian learning more about each other's cultures etc.

Also, which is a bit of an obvious one to most, more money towards free resources for kids to get off the streets. Boxing clubs etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be drug related the root cause, im guessing. Either kids on them fighting. Or pondlife fighting over them. Now someones dead.
If you're caught with a weapon, it should be an instant community service charge and/or fine. Constantly sticking people in and out of prison obviously isn't going to solve anything
They dont need to come out so quick Thats the issue. Putting them in is fine.

Last edited:
Explain how putting someone in prison for carrying a weapon - so the intent is there even if not used - is going to solve the problem.

Takes someone off the street.

Community service or fine? :lol: Might as well just issue knives to kids at school. Crack on lads, get caught and you're doing some grass cutting mind.

While that might be of benefit to the kids who carry out of fear or prevention, but what about the out and out criminal shit bags who aren't doing it through a lack of education but rather to deliberately cause harm/fear etc?

I think you'd probably be able to spot that on a case by case basis. First time offenders etc.
Takes someone off the street.

Community service or fine? :lol: Might as well just issue knives to kids at school. Crack on lads, get caught and you're doing some grass cutting mind.

Takes them off the street. Right, well why not have some other kind of detention. Or curfew, tagging etc.
How much it is costing us to imprison people?

I can see my argument for Crime Island marching along shortly

Last edited:
Bollocks, It takes a lot of effort to get hold of a firearm and ammunition, Anyone tall enough to reach the drawers can walk into their kitchen and get a big fuck off knife.

In a lot of cases where somebody has deliberately gone with a knife to kill a rival gang member or one of their associates, I'd imagine they'd be able to find a gun pretty quickly.

Also remember imitation firearm robberies etc. Higher sentencing on knives will increase those sort of things no doubt.

Impose stricter sentences for knives, people start carrying hammers... impose stricter sentences on hammers, people start carrying bats... impose stricter sentences on bats ...........

The root cause should be looked at, from what I have seen it was the breaking up of a fight, what were the fighting over? There should be no reason at all to cause harm, the fact they feel the need to carry a weapon of any kind is unacceptable.

Arguing the semantics of the weapon being used is not really helping.

In a lot of cases where somebody has deliberately gone with a knife to kill a rival gang member or one of their associates, I'd imagine they'd be able to find a gun pretty quickly.

Also remember imitation firearm robberies etc. Higher sentencing on knives will increase those sort of things no doubt.
Bollocks man, the reason they use knives is because they don’t have access to guns. I knew a fella that witnessed a gangland execution and put it this way, they didn’t fuck on with blades.

Bollocks man, the reason they use knives is because they don’t have access to guns. I knew a fella that witnessed a gangland execution and put it this way, they didn’t fuck on with blades.

That isn't the only reason they're using knives. You think gang members have difficulty sourcing firearms? Maybe for most of us on here it would be difficult, but increase sentencing to ten years for knives as suggested and I would bet money on gun crime going up.

who the fuck needs to carry any weapon, gutless little shits......usually skinny little shits listening to gangsta mumble bollocks, have a proper fight if you wanna try be a hard man.

10-15 for carrying a weapon needs to be the norm.....arm the police too, it's just getting daft.

The problem is a lot of young people carry them for defence. Knives up the ante, like guns in America up the ante, so it creates a culture of broad useage

I can't remember anyone who did. Well apart from when you played split the kipper and went out for the day and carved stuff into trees and whittled sticks and stuff.

Everyone had an air rifle but no one got shot.
Very true.these little wazzocks waffle shite about “ respect” someone’s needs to point out the difference between respect and fear.
There’s nothing brave or laudable about sticking a knife into someone, or kicking them to death when they’re outnumbered six to one.
It’s f***ing hideous.

A lot of money desperately needs to go in to education in schools regarding the mindset of this loyalty that kids hold to a council estate where they were born/raised and the perceived loyalty they have to the area when they attack people from 'rival' areas. There's a mentality of not wanting to leave 'the hood'. Better integration between the different backgrounds of some of the black cultures too, i.e carribean and somalian learning more about each other's cultures etc.

Also, which is a bit of an obvious one to most, more money towards free resources for kids to get off the streets. Boxing clubs etc.
We already do. We had Northumbria into our school a few weeks ago.

It was embarrassing the presentation by the two hobby bobbies they sent in. They showed a video and the entire talk was about how you “could go to prison” if caught with a knife.

In the audience we had two kids who had been previously arrested and cautioned for threatening with a bladed instrument. The kids sitting in the hall knew this and therefore the message doesn’t get across to them.

Makes a mockery of the whole thing tbh

Back