Fashionable drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin used to be mothers ruin but now mothers get excited about going to gin bars.
I keep hearing about Gin bars, but never actually seeing one. The only places I see that have a decent gin selection happen to be places with good beers on. Hardly a gin bar.

I never got the whole thing about drinking from jam jars, flowerpots, bedpans etc from a couple years back.

Just use a glass and drink the same thing you've always drank.

It's became the standard now.

If you don't get your crushed ice, sparkler laden, dock leaf Gin cocktail served in a marmite jar there'll be hell on vis Instagram.

Woo Woo was all the rage among zany students in the early 00's
OK - I'm far too old to be a zany student :p. i'm obviously 15 yrs too late with discovering woo woos (hate that name!)

It's became the standard now.

If you don't get your crushed ice, sparkler laden, dock leaf Gin cocktail served in a marmite jar there'll be hell on vis Instagram.
I'd send mine back and ask for a proper glass.

Ditto wooden chopping board plates.

It's basically cheap champagne
Aye, I have never tasted it but was reading an article on crémant, cava and prosecco the other day. Most of my friends prefer prosecco to cava, but I still prefer Freixenet or other cavas to prosecco, which I find a little peary (though I'm more than happy to drink it if offered!)

Gin has bizarrely come back into fashion, which is surprising as it's f***ing minging.
Love gin, always have, but don't often drink it. Never been to a gin bar though.

Aye, I have never tasted it but was reading an article on crémant, cava and prosecco the other day. Most of my friends prefer prosecco to cava, but I still prefer Freixenet or other cavas to prosecco, which I find a little peary (though I'm more than happy to drink it if offered!)

Love gin, always have, but don't often drink it.

friexenet is surprisingly good. often on special for £6 a bottle too

Love gin, always have, but don't often drink it. Never been to a gin bar though.
Alsace seems the most popular but I like bourgogne if you can find it. We pay about 6 euro a bottle for it. Different terroir to champagne of course but it's a very good alternative

@dangermows

Just picked up a bottle from Tesco there, there was only one option available, the "Julia Superiore" which I presume is the like the Smirnoff (Vodka) of the Grappa world, bog standard and nothing special.

How should I be drinking it? With Ice? Chilled? Room temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back