FAO Bongo - have you made this sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll not ruin your glory by arguing ;)

Enlighten me if I am wrong, I am just going off what I have found on the internet.

I read about the bookmakers sandwich and it is very similar, But the shooters sandwich was made the night before for the blokes going out hunting and put in the bottom of their bags to compress while they were dodging about.
The bookmakers sandwich sandwich was made originally for the working class man of Ireland who labored for days away from home, Depending on the amount of time spent away from his family, his wife would make the sandwich to length. (1 foot per day). The ingredients vary according to what you had on hand though ham and bacon with a bit of cheese would have been more common than beef.

I think you will find I am the new food expert now and theres nowt you can do about it.
In fact that "Helmet Cooks On a Monday" sounds a cracking idea.
You can be my helper if you like?

Enlighten me if I am wrong, I am just going off what I have found on the internet.

I read about the bookmakers sandwich and it is very similar, But the shooters sandwich was made the night before for the blokes going out hunting and put in the bottom of their bags to compress while they were dodging about.
The bookmakers sandwich sandwich was made originally for the working class man of Ireland who labored for days away from home, Depending on the amount of time spent away from his family, his wife would make the sandwich to length. (1 foot per day). The ingredients vary according to what you had on hand though ham and bacon with a bit of cheese would have been more common than beef.

I think you will find I am the new food expert now and theres nowt you can do about it.
Logon or register to see this image

Sounds fun:)

It's just how you made it but it's called a bookmakers sandwich because they used the press.
The Traditional Irish bookmakers is a different thing altogether and probably used more to sell big baguettes to gullible tourists,i mean, an inch of bread for every mile their loved one works away,what if the fuckers in America,even an American Irish bloke couldn't manage to eat that.
The French have a history of removing the middle of loaves and filling the bread but thats usually with soup or stew.

Have not looked at it yet.
I have a few things to do so I will unwrap it a bit later......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back