Fan or air con?

Where's the heat from the air con unit going to go? I can't stand it when the pipe just gets chucked out of a window, looks shite.

Exactly that mate.
If you’re too warm now you will definitely need the air con during the summer

Got all the windows open all day wearing shorts and that if I’m at home.

Sometimes I forget it’s freezing and go out desperately underdressed for the weather.

Aircon it is.

Last edited:

Even with trade discount couldnt get near what screwfix ones retail at.

Sorted one for a Tooting Bec mate/customer. For a gym but he thinks its on noisy side like.

Avoid the £80 one.
Fixed system looking at £1300 a room minimum really.

Even with trade discount couldnt get near what screwfix ones retail at.

Sorted one for a Tooting Bec mate/customer. For a gym but he thinks its on noisy side like.

Avoid the £80 one.
Fixed system looking at £1300 a room minimum really.

Sorry?

Not necesarily mate. Very little in it. Cheapest way is 1 loft unit serving multiple rooms but that has drawbacks like limited control.
I've got two portable units, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. That'll do for the amount of days it's unbearable.

Early may to September our air con is on more or less 24/7. If we're indoors, it's on. Energy prices are lower here than the UK, thankfully but to be honest, I don't care what it costs: I just want to be comfortable.
Just look for one that isn't too noisy, though to be honest, you do just get used to it.

Fans, as the first response said, are completely useless in really hot weather. The Dyson things are overpriced cack. I know loads of people over here who have bought them and regretted it.

Where is live is absolutely roasting all the time. Haven't turned the heating on once since I moved in.

Will need to think about how to cool the place down as the warmer months approach, and thought I might as well get something now as I'm always boiling in the night and by spring/summer it'll be unbearable.

Would I be better off getting an expensive fan (Dyson Cool AM07) or a cheap or a cheap air conditioning unit (for around the same price as the Dyson fan)?
We got aircon installed during lockdown - remember it was boiling hot that summer of 2020. Working from home was horrendous. Turned out to be a great idea, wasn’t cheap to instal but well worth it. Leave it on low in the bedroom at night, sleep perfectly, don’t wake up all the time drenched in sweat.

I’ve got one of those Dyson fans and didn’t think much of it initially. It’s okay, but that is about it.

Def air con, we’re south facing and it’s unbearable when we have good weather. The operative word been when.
Aye we are similar; south facing with lots of glass.
Even in winter on a sunny day we can’t leave the windows shut so once it gets to summer it’s unbearable.

We tried a portable unit from Screwfix and it was ok, but bit the bullet last year and got a proper unit installed. The difference is night and day.

Got one of those Dyson pure hot/cool fans, bought in the summer for the "cool" side but I'd say it would be cold enough from the OP. Class in the winter as a heater though

Back