F1 2024

08.00 start on Sunday morning.

I’m getting up to watch. I am hoping for a strong performance from Ferrari and hopefully Mercedes can make their car work.
New sprint race format for the weekend too, with the Sprint at 4am on Saturday morn - might have to give that one a miss!

You’re comparing apples and oranges.
Well yes, but in terms of size, the WEC cars are similar (F1 slightly longer iirc) - my point was that they manage to fit 30+ of them on a number tracks that F1 also use (the drivers numbers comparison is pointless true).

If they're worrying about fitting 24 cars on the grid, they need to get rid of the tracks with limitations.

Well yes, but in terms of size, the WEC cars are similar (F1 slightly longer iirc) - my point was that they manage to fit 30+ of them on a number tracks that F1 also use (the drivers numbers comparison is pointless true).

If they're worrying about fitting 24 cars on the grid, they need to get rid of the tracks with limitations.
Similar size, similar speed (one of the classes anyway). That's about it. It's not about physically fitting them on the track, it's having the space to race. You don't have 30+ cars going at virtually the same speed. Aero is wildly different too.

In the recent Qatar 1812, there were less than 20 of each class, already less than F1. Plus a different qualifying format, which is definitely something that would need to change for F1 to adopt a 24 car grid.

Last edited:
New sprint race format for the weekend too, with the Sprint at 4am on Saturday morn - might have to give that one a miss!
Surely be a record low global viewing figure for a sprint race.

Not a fan of the sprint weekend format in general, think they're lifting personally.
I still think F1 needs a clear out.

I would allow Lewis and Fernando a pass but Ricciardo, Bottas, Perez, Magnusson and Hulkenburg would get bumped. We need some new blood to swap a bit of paintwork and shake things up.

It is looking like Mercedes are going to put on their big boy pants on and put the young lad in the car next season rather than the Bee Keeper.
Can we also have a clear out of the dire street tracks which currently make up a third of the calendar.

A clear out of the current regulations would also be canny. Dire that we still have 2024 and 2025 to endure this crap.

Last edited:
This is why I still tolerate KMag in F1.

I keep dreaming he will one day just punt Max off into the Tecpro!

“Suck my *****” in the media tent afterwards!

Australia should always be the first race on the calendar, i would also like to see pre testing return to Barcelona

I'd love the testing to back to Barcelona, even a couple of days of it.

I've never been but our lass has a few times and said it was great. About £20 entry at the time and you could go pretty much everywhere around the track.

This was before the Netflix fans like.

I'd love the testing to back to Barcelona, even a couple of days of it.

I've never been but our lass has a few times and said it was great. About £20 entry at the time and you could go pretty much everywhere around the track.

This was before the Netflix fans like.
Better than travelling all the way to Bahrain, i wonder if they do Bahrain next season before Australia opening race, canny air miles and logitical

Its so sad that people in the last 4/5 years have thought Ricciardo was worthy of another top seat

Aside from a coincidental win in Monza the blokes done nothing since 2016/2017

Totally agree.

People will think I have an agenda against Ricciardo at this point, and I suppose I kind of do :lol:

But I posted the below a few weeks ago:

Since leaving Red Bull, Ricciardo's average finishing position has been 10th (Renault), 7th (Renault), 8th (McLaren), 11.6 (McLaren), 12.7 (AlphaTauri), 13.6 (RB).

His average qualifying position during that time has been 10.6, 7.5, 9.7, 11, 13 and 15.

He's 34 now and will be 35 in the summer and has been on a steady downward progression in terms of both finishes and qualifying positions for almost 6 years.

Back