F1 2024

A red flag and VSC have the same delta times, this was discussed with Bernie so it was ok for VSC and not a red flag as was already on the final lap
I disagree with that conclusion mind. The delta is the MAX speed they can go. And under VSC there could still be that intention to be right on that delta the whole time so you don't give time away.
Red flag is more "crawl if you like, the race doesn't currently exist. Just don't go faster than X".

Although it should have been a red flag, I think I have tuned into George a bit over the years, and he's extremely switched on about grabbing any advantage - I'm not certain, but I certainly wouldn't put it past him to have been shouting for the red flag because he knew he'd keep his position and points as the race wouldn't have restarted.

I might be wrong, and I think most people would say I am. But I think that's exactly who George is.
I'm fairly sure he was, I thought that at the time.

Red flag and VSC makes little difference. The VSC wouldn't have lasted less than a lap and they still have to complete their lap under a red flag.

Although it should have been a red flag, I think I have tuned into George a bit over the years, and he's extremely switched on about grabbing any advantage - I'm not certain, but I certainly wouldn't put it past him to have been shouting for the red flag because he knew he'd keep his position and points as the race wouldn't have restarted.

I might be wrong, and I think most people would say I am. But I think that's exactly who George is.
I 100% agree but it also still should have been a red flag (I know you’ve acknowledged this)
At least if a red flag is thrown it makes the other drivers think it’s something potentially a lot more serious than if a VSC is thrown

Last edited:
I 100% agree but it also still should have been a red flag (I know you’ve acknowledged this)
At least if a red flag is thrown it makes the other drivers think it’s something potentially a lot more serious than if a VSC is thrown
Exactly. And there is absolutely no thought about maintaining gaps

Not long till daughter changes teams. Flies to Japan and back with Williams landing back on the Wednesday and flies out on the Monday for her new team.
She will be concerned with fueling the car plus other duties as asked, but it's pure race team and bless her she has to attend every race.
Going to Ferrari like everyone else it seems lol?

Not long till daughter changes teams. Flies to Japan and back with Williams landing back on the Wednesday and flies out on the Monday for her new team.
She will be concerned with fueling the car plus other duties as asked, but it's pure race team and bless her she has to attend every race.

What's the jobs market like at that level in F1?

Is there plenty of poaching etc and do people tend to bounce around teams year after year or stick with one?

How did she initially get into it?
Next 3 races, up early and staying up late

6am
8am
9pm

Perfect times IMO.

Record overnight and watch the first one with breakfast, watch the second and third live early/late.

Much better than having to give up your Sunday afternoon with the traditional 2pm start.

Last edited:
What's the jobs market like at that level in F1?

Is there plenty of poaching etc and do people tend to bounce around teams year after year or stick with one?

How did she initially get into it?

Perfect times IMO.

Record overnight and watch the first one with breakfast, watch the second and third live early/late.

Much better than having to give up your Sunday afternoon with the traditional 2pm start.
Seems fairly active jobs wise, just got to look at each teams website.
This will be her third team when she moves, and hopefully her last.
She got into F1 by doing hospitality for a company that supplied hospitality services to various teams for several years. She got flown all over the world to basically wait on tables.
Then she got taken on temporarily by one team and stayed 3 and a half years.

Seems fairly active jobs wise, just got to look at each teams website.
This will be her third team when she moves, and hopefully her last.
She got into F1 by doing hospitality for a company that supplied hospitality services to various teams for several years. She got flown all over the world to basically wait on tables.
Then she got taken on temporarily by one team and stayed 3 and a half years.

Sounds great mate. Fair play to her and I hope it goes well.

Always been intrigued about how people end up in jobs at F1 so very interesting.

Thanks for that.

Back