F1 2021

I have not seen it and never even heard of it!!!

Where is it on please?

@ShieldsBlackCat2015
I think it’s the eastern version of f2, certainly back in the day their regs were close to the f3000 setup.

dan ticktum went out there two years ago a failed pretty miserably. Eddie Irvine is the only name I know who raced in the series, it was why he was fairly handy at Suzuka when he unlapped his Jordan & senna lamped him for it...

Missing a treat not exploring other forms of motor racing.
I'm sure i am as I used watch BTCC, WRC etc but F1 is such a massive deal in world sport its kinda grabbed me. Plus I have watched F1 for years and also have films from the 30s and 40s of F1.
My main issue around the other formulae is awareness - I only find out about stuff when you post it on here so I am going to make you an offer, as the Dragons say!

Why don't you post a thread like Hank does for " Todays football" only yours will be "Todays motorsport" - it does not have to be daily, of course, maybe weekly or whatever you feel you can do.

You will be the SMB motorsport guru and your grateful public will be ..................well grateful!

@ShieldsBlackCat2015

Last edited:
I thought this video was a computer sim at first...

fantastic view point of the Monaco circuit.
Can someone explain how this was done please?! It can't be a drone surely - it's so fast and the turbulence behind the rear wing would be immense, and it's not attached to the car :eek:

Edit - just saw the shadow and the slightly distorted appearance of the rear wing - 360 camera that's edited out its own strut. Clever!

Last edited:
Can someone explain how this was done please?! It can't be a drone surely - it's so fast and the turbulence behind the rear wing would be immense, and it's not attached to the car :eek:

Edit - just saw the shadow and the slightly distorted appearance of the rear wing - 360 camera that's edited out its own strut. Clever!
That link won’t work for me booooooo
The camera might be an Insta 360 cam

sprint race quali's are go go go...

Logon or register to see this image

It’s been decided, meanwhile, that the top three finishers in Saturday’s Sprint Qualifying will receive points – three points for first place, two points for second and one point for third.

Last edited:
So there's qualifying for the sprint race????

Isn't the entire point that it was to be some form of reverse grid? Otherwise, what's the point???

It’s been decided, meanwhile, that the top three finishers in Saturday’s Sprint Qualifying will receive points – three points for first place, two points for second and one point for third.

Not sure I really understand this, I thought it was going to be more like F2 sprint races, which I was still a bit unsure of.

So standard quali takes place on Friday instead and that's how they like up for the sprint. Hamilton, Bottas and Max finish 1,2,3 in the sprint and pick up the not worthwhile points on offer (3 for a win). Then the line up for the main race based on how they finished the sprint.

I guess the potential advantage is from 4-10 where the drivers will be really attempting to overtake, but if the track only offers 1 or 2 opportunities per lap, then we might not see much difference. There's the slight chance of technical issues with the main 3 as well, but it's unlikely to happen often.

This sounds pretty shit to be honest, also means a lot of people won't be able to watch qualifying on Fridays.

Not sure why they are messing about with qualifying, one of the only areas that seems to be 'just right'

Exactly what I've said, imo the current race weekend format is fine. Qualifying is the best format it's ever been imo - certainly better than that one shot qualy they ran in the 00s and the awful Friday and Saturday qualy sessions before that when some people wouldn't even bother to get out of bed to set a lap on the saturday.

They messed about with it needlessly a few years ago with that awful elimination qualifying that was a disaster and was dropped after 1 or 2 races.

I'll wait to see what comes of this but I'm not really onboard with it.......loads of people won't be able to watch qualy on a Friday and it's going to devalue the spectacle of the Grand Prix itself on the Sunday, in my view.

Exactly what I've said, imo the current race weekend format is fine. Qualifying is the best format it's ever been imo - certainly better than that one shot qualy they ran in the 00s and the awful Friday and Saturday qualy sessions before that when some people wouldn't even bother to get out of bed to set a lap on the saturday.

They messed about with it needlessly a few years ago with that awful elimination qualifying that was a disaster and was dropped after 1 or 2 races.

I'll wait to see what comes of this but I'm not really onboard with it.......loads of people won't be able to watch qualy on a Friday and it's going to devalue the spectacle of the Grand Prix itself on the Sunday, in my view.
I really don't think there's anything to change in qualifying. The 3 parts to it makes great viewing. Which of the Williams make it out of Q3. In Q2 which of the top teams screw up going for the race tyres over the qualy ones. Then Q1 is awesome, 2 flat out laps.

They should also stop messing about with rules mid season, engine maps last year and now this for this year.

When do the cars go into parc ferme? Reading the press release it sounds like its before the qualifying for the qualifying race but then whats the point in practice 2 if you cant change your car or have I got it totally wrong.

Not sure why they need to change the rules 2 races in to what looks like a good season so far.

Back