F1 2021

They had a podium at the first race last season. So yeah OK, Mercedes..
Yeh, sarcasm is great..init?
We're talking about Mclaren here. They should be top 3 of the constructors championship every year. To point out that one of their cars finished on the podium once....last year....fuck me.

Interesting video. It starts out a bit randomly, but turns into the logistics of how F1 is broadcast. Good in a geeky way.

Thanks for posting that - it’s so complex and we take it all for granted
Valtteri Bottas is “too slow” and was at fault for the collision with George Russell at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, according to 1997 Formula 1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve.

Bottas and Mercedes protege and Williams driver George Russell suffered a massive race-ending crash when they tangled while battling over ninth place in Sunday’s second round of the season at Imola.

While both drivers initially blamed each other in the immediate aftermath of the huge shunt, the stewards decided it was ultimately a racing incident and took no further action.

Gerrin Jackie boy!
Thanks for posting that - it’s so complex and we take it all for granted
Valtteri Bottas is “too slow” and was at fault for the collision with George Russell at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, according to 1997 Formula 1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve.

Bottas and Mercedes protege and Williams driver George Russell suffered a massive race-ending crash when they tangled while battling over ninth place in Sunday’s second round of the season at Imola.

While both drivers initially blamed each other in the immediate aftermath of the huge shunt, the stewards decided it was ultimately a racing incident and took no further action.

Gerrin Jackie boy!
Red Bull have recruited a senior figure from rivals Mercedes to lead their new Formula 1 engine programme.

Ben Hodgkinson, head of mechanical engineering at Mercedes High Performance Powertrains, will become technical director at Red Bull's equivalent department.
It is being set up close to the chassis factory in Milton Keynes to take over the running of Honda's engines.

Honda will quit F1 at the end of the current season.

They have sold their engines and intellectual property to Red Bull.

Red Bull said Hodgkinson would take over his new position "once the terms of his current contract with HPP are fulfilled".

He is currently tied to Mercedes until the end of 2022, although typically in these situations the two parties tend to negotiate terms for an early release.

Last edited:
Suzuka secured for another three years

I recall hearing of the 130R corner for the first time - as well the other R suffixed corners.

I hated it back then and thought it lacked imagination.

It's funny what over 30 years of hearing it can do and its clearly part of F1-speak now.

I recall hearing of the 130R corner for the first time - as well the other R suffixed corners.

I hated it back then and thought it lacked imagination.

It's funny what over 30 years of hearing it can do and its clearly part of F1-speak now.
Most of the drivers love Suzuka but its interesting to hear them talk about how the advances in car technology have changed the driving experience - they can do things at Suzuka now that were impossible 20 years ago.

I suppose that its the same at all tracks really.

I would love to see a modern F1 car lapping the Nurburgring! Max and lewis wheel to wheel around the Carousel!!! What a sight!!

Most of the drivers love Suzuka but its interesting to hear them talk about how the advances in car technology have changed the driving experience - they can do things at Suzuka now that were impossible 20 years ago.

I would love to see a modern F1 car lapping the Nurburgring! Max and lewis wheel to wheel around the Carousel!!! What a sight!!
That came across at Turkey last year about turn 8. It used to be a multispeed complex, and now in the dry is flat out.

It is a bit sad that the technology in the cars now means corners like 130R lose that edge. We all gasped when Alonso went round the outside of Schumacher there in 2005 because it shouldn't have been possible. Now it would be relatively easy with any kind of power differential.

I'm still pleased to see it remain on the calendar, it's a great circuit.

Back