F1 2021

It’s going to be interesting even if Max does get a penalty I reckon. The two AT’s will let him past and Lando is on the wrong tyre, so only Leclerc to pass before Perez moves aside to let him go after the Mercs. Think it’s going to be down to SC’s and strategy personally.
Entirely possible, but he’s also much more likely to get caught up in some first lap carnage from 8th with everyone fighting for position.
Still think luck could play a major part in this, with Safety cars and red flags.

Entirely possible, but he’s also much more likely to get caught up in some first lap carnage from 8th with everyone fighting for position.
Still think luck could play a major part in this, with Safety cars and red flags.
Safety cars are nailed on imo. Think most teams will probably end up devising their strategy for the outs based on when they assume the first ones will be :lol:

It’s going to be interesting even if Max does get a penalty I reckon. The two AT’s will let him past and Lando is on the wrong tyre, so only Leclerc to pass before Perez moves aside to let him go after the Mercs. Think it’s going to be down to SC’s and strategy personally.
Verstappen's head has gone.

He's starting to crumble under the pressure, some of it of his own making, some of it external.

His old man has been telling him the title is his since June, the team have him as the sole focus of their efforts and he probably started to believe it.

The sight of the opposition dancing around like schoolboys congratulating each other on a front row lock out yesterday and then having to do that P3 interview all the while not knowing whether it's P8. That turns the screw again.

Interlagos - he knows what he did.

Qatar and the flags - was he as innocent as The Brown Helmets claim.

Saudi - bins it pushing too hard when he didn't even need to

When he gets in the car for race day he's been good but he's hanging on now. In the relentless environment of elite level sport sometimes that's all you can do.

But there's Hamilton grinning like a champion again...

Last edited:
Verstappen's head has gone.

He's starting to crumble under the pressure, some of it of his own making, some of it external.

His old man has been telling him the title is his since June, the team have him as the sole focus of their efforts and he probably started to believe it.

The sight of the opposition dancing around like schoolboys congratulating each other on a front row lock out yesterday and then having to do that P3 interview all the while not knowing whether it's P8. That turns the screw again.

Interlagos - he knows what he did.

Qatar and the flags - was he as innocent as The Brown Helmets claim.

Saudi - bins it pushing too hard when he didn't even need to

When he gets in the car for race day he's been good but he's hanging on now. In the relentless environment of elite level sport sometimes that's all you can do.

But there's Hamilton grinning like a champion again...
i think the way horner has gone on has had a terrible affect on max. i think it's put more pressure on him than there needed to be.

Wasn’t Max answering questions about if he’d have the number ‘1’ on his car next year if he won the title and he said yes?

Over confidence and a lack of experience for me and should be batting questions like that away and saying he’s not thinking about it.

Agree with the general consensus that the pressure is telling.

Wasn’t Max answering questions about if he’d have the number ‘1’ on his car next year if he won the title and he said yes?

Over confidence and a lack of experience for me and should be batting questions like that away and saying he’s not thinking about it.

Agree with the general consensus that the pressure is telling.
I hadn't seen that.

If that's the case it's another mistake which plays havoc with the psyche

I'd be very surprised if the gearbox isn't changed. The way the car ground to a halt suggested damage.

If it's not changed there will be that doubt in the back of Max's mind for the whole race.

I'd be very surprised if the gearbox isn't changed. The way the car ground to a halt suggested damage.

If it's not changed there will be that doubt in the back of Max's mind for the whole race.
Max said he stopped the car quickly in an attempt to avert any further damage

Back