F1 2021

Still no word on gearbox change.
Red Bull will know, but there’s no advantage in commenting at all to them. So the first we’ll hear is the 13:30 grid announcement. They may as well keep merc guessing as long as possible.

I’d be surprised if they don’t change it. It’s very hard to assess damage as it is sealed so all they can do is heat runs to essentially guess. And Max only needs to finish P5 to keep the title in his own hands - anything lower and you’re asking Perez for favours or hoping for reliability issues. It’s much more important to not risk the DNF and get what would be a guaranteed P5 out of it (don’t get me started on the alpha Tauris, absolute disgrace that they are allowed to move out of the way - independent team my f***ing arse) than risk a DNF and basically handing Lewis the title

Max said he stopped the car quickly in an attempt to avert any further damage
It was quite a hefty initial hit at rear right and he was accelerating at the time. If it was severe enough to break the wishbone then some of the force will have been transmitted to the gearbox. The gearbox will surely have been tested overnight and if any doubt will be changed. Can't afford a DNF.

I was being facetious but the Layshaft bearing could be one of the areas likely to be damaged.

Gearboxes are the work of the devil anyway.

Engines were my thing (when I even had a thing)
i'd agree with that. one of my proudest moments was after stripping and rebuilding a triumph bonneville gearbox and they all worked after it was put back together.
not quite the same as an f1 car though :)

Max Verstappen does not need a gearbox change and will start 3rd on the grid
This has not been announced nor decided, nor could it be since the car isn’t released from parc ferme until 11:30 U.K. time. Don’t believe some crap you read on one fan site
Controversy this morning about a sponsor thing on his car relating to Grenfell or something.... If he felt like strongly he wouldn't race. Money talks though as you imply.
That was 3 days ago not this morning. Take your racist shitehawking elsewhere and stop ruining a good thread with your Lewis snipes.

Controversy this morning about a sponsor thing on his car relating to Grenfell or something.... If he felt like strongly he wouldn't race. Money talks though as you imply.
Now I have ignored you enough times but why is it just down to Lewis Hamilton and not Bottas as he races for the same team and so will George Russell next season. So why single out just the one driver?
Also I don't think he has much of an input when it comes to selecting sponsorship

Now I have ignored you enough times but why is it just down to Lewis Hamilton and not Bottas as he races for the same team and so will George Russell next season. So why single out just the one driver?
Also I don't think he has much of an input when it comes to selecting sponsorship
I said they're all hypocrites previously but Hamilton does make his mouth go a lot about it. Same with the footballers who go to Qatar next year, hypocrites., Likewise Joshua when he fought in Saudi Arabia (am I ok to say that seems he's black?) It's all about money though, they all shout this and that about such issues, but wave the money and everything goes out the window, just got to look at Newcastle for that.

Last edited:
... Max only needs to finish P5 to keep the title in his own hands...
2nd
I said they're all hypocrites previously but Hamilton does make his mouth go a lot about it. Same with the footballers who go to Qatar next year, hypocrites., Likewise Joshua when he fought in Saudi Arabia (am I ok to say that seems he's black?) It's all about money though, they all shout this and that about such issues, but wave the money and everything goes out the window.
It's all about money.

Oil, automotive, any blue-chip corporate sponsor worth a gnats chuff. They're all there.

The pressure to swallow your principles is immense.

The best you can expect to be able to do is a women only cart race (Vettel) or a rainbow helmet (Hamilton)

Last edited:

Do you think that Gordon maybe doesn’t like his skin colour

I said they're all hypocrites previously but Hamilton does make his mouth go a lot about it. Same with the footballers who go to Qatar next year, hypocrites., Likewise Joshua when he fought in Saudi Arabia (am I ok to say that seems he's black?) It's all about money though, they all shout this and that about such issues, but wave the money and everything goes out the window, just got to look at Newcastle for that.
After you were challenged on the fact you singled out Hamilton and even then begrudgingly.
Say what you want about anyone I just don't see the need to mention the colour of someone's skin.
Also you are taking this away from F1 and on to a total whole different topic.
Do you think that Gordon maybe doesn’t like his skin colour
I'd never make assumptions about anyone's agenda without knowing them well enough

Back