F1 2021

that's good... suspect it won't appear any time soon after that, sadly...
For me, they should have a core of curcuits that are in every year, for example 10-12, then have a pool of the rest that rotate in and out.

That way you keep things fresh, but keep enough commonality to other seasons so that you can't blame a change in curcuits on a freak season.

For me, they should have a core of curcuits that are in every year, for example 10-12, then have a pool of the rest that rotate in and out.

That way you keep things fresh, but keep enough commonality to other seasons so that you can't blame a change in curcuits on a freak season.
yeah i would agree with you there... i suspect the commercial contracts will need to change moving forward, but 2020 perhaps highlighted that going to some circuits now & again can keep things, as you say... fresh. it was never bernie's model though so stefano may need some time to move things forward.

i presume Vietnam is now unlikely to happen, ever?

They've got Zaandvorrrttttt in this year, and the rules allow up to 25 races per season, so in future seasons a further 2 races could be added. Vietnam has in my opinion as much chance as any curcuit, including Turkey as getting on the calander in 2022.

They've got Zaandvorrrttttt in this year, and the rules allow up to 25 races per season, so in future seasons a further 2 races could be added. Vietnam has in my opinion as much chance as any curcuit, including Turkey as getting on the calander in 2022.
Controversial, but anything more than 20 races is too many.

yeah i would agree with you there... i suspect the commercial contracts will need to change moving forward, but 2020 perhaps highlighted that going to some circuits now & again can keep things, as you say... fresh. it was never bernie's model though so stefano may need some time to move things forward.

i presume Vietnam is now unlikely to happen, ever?
I hope so, it looked a dreadful circuit. (Horrendous to drive on the F1 games too.)

I think Zandvoort is great fun for the drivers, but it won't promote good racing, a bit like Imola.
i seem to remember riccardio saying the exact same thing when him and max did the jumbo motorsport day there 2-3 years ago...

i personally wouldnt mind going there though, its not far from ijmuiden - bike onto the ferry from north shields and then ride down to zandvoort... mayo & chips on the beach, an f1 race then ride home... 🙃

Back