F1 2021

He's a canny driver in the wet but error prone in the dry. The resentment comes from being his father's son, which led to Sergio Perez being booted out of the team he helped to save.

More importantly, how is Seb's hair? It looked very Simon Grayson the other week.

He's a canny driver in the wet but error prone in the dry. The resentment comes from being his father's son, which led to Sergio Perez being booted out of the team he helped to save.

More importantly, how is Seb's hair? It looked very Simon Grayson the other week.
He wore a cap throughout the launch, and Lance didn't. Read into that as you will.

I have no issue with Lance personally, not really sure why he gets the hate he does. There are/have been far worse paid drivers, Latifi being one!
As he said, there are worse thing than being the son of a rich father.

People just don't like "pay" drivers though, and that's fair enough to be honest.
Almost everyone has a favourite driver they think should be in a seat / in a better seat based on their talent.

I think it is in the hope they can evade any tests the FIA impose.
To me VAG are like Honda, getting into bed with them and worrying at which point the companies board pulls the plug on its motorsport budget.

Pretty sure that’s why siedel left Porsche to join McLaren, after the Le Mans program was cancelled. Perhaps a potential red bull venture once their rebadged Honda engines come to the end of their lifecycle?
Bit Russian?

Last edited:
To me VAG are like Honda, getting into bed with them and worrying at which point the companies board pulls the plug on its motorsport budget.

Pretty sure that’s why siedel left Porsche to join McLaren, after the Le Mans program was cancelled. Perhaps a potential red bull venture once their rebadged Honda engines come to the end of their lifecycle?
Bit Russian?

1/10 and that’s just for Mick’s race number

Porsche/Audi/Volkswagen considering entering F1
Hope they do. If nothing else, it'll mean a fully-kitted out factory that someone else can buy cheaply when they inevitably pull out in 5 years time.

Really want the grid back up to 26. Its the magic number in my head.

Hope they do. If nothing else, it'll mean a fully-kitted out factory that someone else can buy cheaply when they inevitably pull out in 5 years time.

Really want the grid back up to 26. Its the magic number in my head.
That was the grid size when I started watching F1, and just feels right.

An interesting few weeks of car launch corporate nonsense just about draws to a close.

I've no doubt the Porsche rumours will persist and anyone with an understanding of motorsport would surely love to see them against Mercedes and Ferrari - throw Aston Martin and McLaren in and you have a truly thoroughbred F1 stable.

It's a shame VW are skint.

The driver suitability / fitness rumours will begin in earnest now - (te)mazepam / Alonso anyone - and all we need is a new variant covid scare to really hot things up a bit.

Back