F1 2021

Mclaren were in danger of getting on the list, but have redeemed themselves the last two years.

Would it be controversial to say Ferrari?

Not controversial at all imo they've been embarassingly bad (Ferrari). Under huge pressure to get 2022 right. Huge negative culture poisoning that place, whether it be fear of failure or lack of leadership.

Not controversial at all imo they've been embarassingly bad (Ferrari). Under huge pressure to get 2022 right. Huge negative culture poisoning that place, whether it be fear of failure or lack of leadership.
Ferrari have always had an edge to them, even in the good times. The 'clarification' about fuel flow in 2019 really raised more questions than answers (Johnny Nash likes that) and it shows how invested they were in that closed grey area as they, and their customer teams are fucked till 2022 at the best.

This. Blatant cheating and they got away with it
I agree with you but for me the big issue is that the governing body of a major sporting organisation has not told the public what happened.

I can’t think of a similar example in another sport but I am sure someone on here will be able to.

I agree with you but for me the big issue is that the governing body of a major sporting organisation has not told the public what happened.

I can’t think of a similar example in another sport but I am sure someone on here will be able to.
Closest example I can think of is Chinny Hill chairing his own club's disciplinary hearing when he helped send us down. There will be others though.

That's it exactly. I don't mind that Ferrari pushed over the line - the line is a hard place to put your finger on.
But when you get caught, there has to be a punishment. This "cheat" pushed them and their customers 3-4 places up the grid for every race. It had a huge effect on the rest of the grid.

Getting away with it leaves a very sour taste that hasn't gone away a year later.

That's it exactly. I don't mind that Ferrari pushed over the line - the line is a hard place to put your finger on.
But when you get caught, there has to be a punishment. This "cheat" pushed them and their customers 3-4 places up the grid for every race. It had a huge effect on the rest of the grid.

Getting away with it leaves a very sour taste that hasn't gone away a year later.
There’s pushing and completing disregarding the rules two different things altogether imo

Lewis to get 8 then retire. Think it'll be close though, both Red Bull's to finish 2nd and 3rd and the water carrier to finish 4th.

Back