F1 2021

It’s mental he’s not signed yet. Testing is only 4 weeks away
I still don’t think he won’t race, neither Hamilton nor Mercedes could allow that - but this bullshit last year that they just pull the previous contract out the drawer and play about with the numbers hasn’t helped.

Maybe mercedes are offering him to Williams in exchange for Russell and Williams don't want him (joking before anyone bites)

Lewis is currently training at altitude cross country skiing. Reckons at 3,400 meters the air is so thin it works the body harder.

He does not look one bit concerned about his contract. I reckon it’s a formality.

Formula E founder Alejandro Agag (more like agog!) on PlanetF1 reckons the series should merge with F1. F1 ought to go electric and Formula E should supply F1 with talent and personnel.

Horrified. F1 going electric would for me detract from the USP of Formula E and it would I think ruin two kinds of drivers. The up and comers from F2 and F3 who may find their options limited and really good drivers who made their name in things like WEC and GTWC to F1.

The two series need to be kept apart.

He also says, “There is lots of talk about e-fuels, but they are an artificial invention for people who really can’t see beyond combustion. There is no way e-fuels make any kind of sense except if you are determined not to change”.

If that’s the case why are many series like WRC and TCR going electric? So series that are thinking about changing aren’t determined not to change? It’s about reducing the carbon footprint and saving the environment.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it will be inevitable... not next season, or the new rules era. But, after that... probably (pushed by the manufacturers).
Aye it’ll go electric within the next 10-15 years I reckon. Maybe sooner

The future is electric - of that there is no doubt but if you merged those two series I think F1 would consume the electric series in terms of drivers, finance, personnel and tech.

Keep em separate for now.
I hope they don't merge the 2 series, firstly because there's no doubt F1 would consume the electric series and remove the graveyard for failed F1 drivers, but also because this obsession with keeping F1 road relevant will ultimately kill the sport.

I hope they don't merge the 2 series, firstly because there's no doubt F1 would consume the electric series and remove the graveyard for failed F1 drivers, but also because this obsession with keeping F1 road relevant will ultimately kill the sport.

How do you mean by keeping F1 road relevant?

Regarding removing the graveyard for failed F1 drivers I hope you don’t mean those who compete in Formula E. Lots of them may not have done F1 but a lot have been good in things like the WEC and GT. Is that what you mean?

Thought I would post this here as well as on the general motorsport thread

On Youtube

Film called "Supercharged" history of F1 cars and before F1 going back to 20s and 30s

Curveball?

Speaking to Austrian broadcaster ORF, Wolff said: "The lawyers are working hard. We don't make life easy for them, of course, when we both argue over Zoom and keep sending curveballs to the lawyers. But he's in America now and I'm here. At some point we will finalise it."

Twitterati for some reason thinks the ball that's curved is George Russell? why?

Curveball?

Speaking to Austrian broadcaster ORF, Wolff said: "The lawyers are working hard. We don't make life easy for them, of course, when we both argue over Zoom and keep sending curveballs to the lawyers. But he's in America now and I'm here. At some point we will finalise it."

Twitterati for some reason thinks the ball that's curved is George Russell? why?
BBC state the rumours of George’s performance in the car has nothing to do with Lewis contract talks.

See skybet have hedged their bets. Russell is 16/1 for the WDC

I think once Lewis stops being Franz Klammer and finishes his high altitude training it will all come together. Evolution not revolution is what Merc need - why change a winning formula.

I’m sure Toto is also planning for life after Lewis but I don’t think that is what needs to happen now.

I think the need to be 'road relevant' will keep the series combustion driven for a long time yet.

Spot the difference at fiorano (I presume one was today):

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

I think the need to be 'road relevant' will keep the series combustion driven for a long time yet.
I think the road relevant bit is exactly why it’ll be electric sooner, rather than later. With western economies doing away with petrol & diesel in the next decade the manufacturers won’t have a need for a cutting edge series based around a combustion engine.

Last edited:

Back