F1 2021

Spot the difference at fiorano (I presume one was today):

Logon or register to see this image

I think the road relevant bit is exactly why it’ll be electric sooner, rather than later. With western economies doing away with petrol & diesel in the next decade the manufacturers won’t have a need for a cutting edge series based around a combustion engine.
I always associate Alesi with 27, he was only allocated 28 in 1991. The year he ripped up a contract with Williams to sign for Ferrari. If he hadn't I reckon he'd have been in that car for years and won a fair few races, Hill may never have got his chance in 1993 after an unremarkable career to that point.

The year he ripped up a contract with Williams to sign for Ferrari.
I only learnt that from the f1 podcast either last year, or the year before. Proper butterfly effect moment.

I suppose he didn’t had a crystal ball as to what Williams Renault were on the cusp of. Not sure his bairn will make it in F1, don’t think he’s set F2 alight and seats are v.limited with the likes mazepin-esq drivers in the mix too.
Netflix have a VERY hit & miss track record of original production films. I’m calling this a miss even before production starts...

Last edited:
I only learnt that from the f1 podcast either last year, or the year before. Proper butterfly effect moment.

I suppose he didn’t had a crystal ball as to what Williams Renault were on the cusp of. Not sure his bairn will make it in F1, don’t think he’s set F2 alight and seats are v.limited with the likes mazepin-esq drivers in the mix too.
Jean has also run out of money, relatively speaking. He sold his personal F40 to fund Giuliano's season either last year or the year before, he doesn't have another! And Ferrari fired him from the academy

Last edited:
Mercedes F1 twitter talking about fashion and sailing but if you scroll down there are a number of bits about Lewis and when he joined the team.

Nothing new from Lewis - not sure if he is still training at altitude.

Faltering has also been in the snow competing in the Artic rally with Timo.

Finished 6th. He has also been training in the snow.

Last edited:

Netflix have a VERY hit & miss track record of original production films. I’m calling this a miss even before production starts...

Sounds absolutely awful.

I'd much rather like to see another feature length drama based on a real motorsport story such as Rush or Le Mans '66 (what about a dramatised Senna/Prost film or a one about Jim Clark or Fangio?)

Last edited:
Mercedes F1 twitter talking about fashion and sailing but if you scroll down there are a number of bits about Lewis and when he joined the team.

Nothing new from Lewis - not sure if he is still training at altitude.

Faltering has also been in the snow competing in the Artic rally with Timo.

Finished 6th. He has also been training in the snow.
I meant Valteri not Faltering - who the hell is Faltering!!!!!!

On a very slow news day / bored, I was just thinking after reading the Pure Football thread about once successful clubs which have plummeted in subsequent years last week about F1 teams who either sank down the standings (and some who suffered a sad death after a slow painful demise):-

- Williams the most obvious choice that pops into most people's heads surely: 7 Drivers and 7 Constructors championships all in the 80s and 90s. The BMW era showed a lot of initial promise however it ended pretty disappointingly. Had a brief return to competitiveness by virtue of being powered by Merc engines in 2014 although their slip towards the bottom since has been very Sunderland-esque. Just hope for their own sake that they can return to the front third of the grid although that's going to take years and years of rebuilding...

- Brabham went to **** after Bernie left them and went onto big and better things, they went from giving Nelson Piquet a drivers championship in 1985 to having to compete in old pre qualifying in 1989 (after being sold and taking a year out).

- Would have included the original team lotus however they actually were fairly competitive until they ceased to exist (through huge debts) and also Tyrrell (however you could argue that since they subsequently were sold to become BAR, Honda, Brawn and Mercedes nowadays that they escape the list).

Any others?

On a very slow news day / bored, I was just thinking after reading the Pure Football thread about once successful clubs which have plummeted in subsequent years last week about F1 teams who either sank down the standings (and some who suffered a sad death after a slow painful demise):-

- Williams the most obvious choice that pops into most people's heads surely: 7 Drivers and 7 Constructors championships all in the 80s and 90s. The BMW era showed a lot of initial promise however it ended pretty disappointingly. Had a brief return to competitiveness by virtue of being powered by Merc engines in 2014 although their slip towards the bottom since has been very Sunderland-esque. Just hope for their own sake that they can return to the front third of the grid although that's going to take years and years of rebuilding...

- Brabham went to **** after Bernie left them and went onto big and better things, they went from giving Nelson Piquet a drivers championship in 1985 to having to compete in old pre qualifying in 1989 (after being sold and taking a year out).

- Would have included the original team lotus however they actually were fairly competitive until they ceased to exist (through huge debts) and also Tyrrell (however you could argue that since they subsequently were sold to become BAR, Honda, Brawn and Mercedes nowadays that they escape the list).

Any others?
Mclaren were in danger of getting on the list, but have redeemed themselves the last two years.

Would it be controversial to say Ferrari?

Back