F1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy* the racists trying to "gotcha" Lewis here.
"But Lewis can't speak until he tells Hugo Boss to apologise for making uniforms for the SS". No.
"But Lewis can't speak until he sits out a race in protest". No.

Stop telling black people what they have to do before they're allowed to speak. You have absolutely no right to silence anyone.

*I really, really don't.

The gun laws in the US are ridiculous obviously. The evidence pointed to the fact they knocked, if that matters.

A tragic event, but I'm not sure Hamilton publicly judging from his ivory tower is too wise, or helpful. I honestly do wonder what he would do if he was a copper getting shot at. Must be terrifying.

43% of Americans having access to guns and all police routinely armed.

It's no wonder the place is like a scene from Gun Fight at the OK Coral

no Bottas ?!?! Really strange decision for me
the stewards deemed the issue was those 12 hitting the gas & break pedals repeatedly in the buildup to the safety car (which is bottas at this point) re-starting the race... i think the long start\finish straight and head wind were two factors at play, however bottas himself did nothing wrong. think commentary said there had been a similar issue (although not the carnage) at baku where the lead car did't hit full gas till almost the start\finish line?

the stewards deemed the issue was those 12 hitting the gas & break pedals repeatedly in the buildup to the safety car (which is bottas at this point) re-starting the race... i think the long start\finish straight and head wind were two factors at play, however bottas himself did nothing wrong. think commentary said there had been a similar issue (although not the carnage) at baku where the lead car did't hit full gas till almost the start\finish line?
I didn't watch, but apparently all the support races had the same outcome with the leader not going until he reached the line

I respect Hamilton for taking the stand he has as the Breonna Taylor killing is as bad as it gets.

The three detectives who killed her should stand trial alongside the men they were looking for - it's that simple.

The only way the yanks will ever tolerate gun control is when they realise that law enforcement is potentially more effective when the officers do not feel the need to be armed before walking the streets.

Without taking anything away from Schumachers towering achievement, the only reasons I can see for Hamilton being so far off it are the tyres and Hamiltons cunning when managing the race.

Hamilton understands that by sitting out a race he could hurt the whole team and support structure.

That's potentially thousands of people affected by his actions

They were plain clothes cops and they burst in without warning.

One of the men they were looking for had dated Taylor 2 years prior to the killing but lived 10 miles away.

It was a disgraceful series of events which led to the death of an innocent woman.
Re-fuelling too back in Schumachers days

"But Lewis can't speak until he tells Hugo Boss to apologise for making uniforms for the SS". No.

Stop telling black people what they have to do before they're allowed to speak. You have absolutely no right to silence anyone.

*I really, really don't.
And their next reply is along the lines of “it’s my opinion, you can’t take away my right to Freedom of speech”

And their next reply is along the lines of “it’s my opinion, you can’t take away my right to Freedom of speech”
If you have an opinion that you have the right to prevent someone else's free speech, then well......

*I really, really don't.

Where was the comment on here saying he cant speak till he sits out a race? Or are you meaning in general? Just I mentioned if Mercedes told him not to sit it out or if it was his own choice, if it was his own choice to put his views to one side as it might cost thousands of jobs then more credit to him, calling anyone racist for asking why he doesnt sit out a race is a big step to take though. Apologies if others have said anything about him not sitting out the race and then made racist claims.

Lewis can do whatever he likes, my opinion is anyone who is racist will not change their views because some sports people are kneeling or missing an event.

Where was the comment on here saying he cant speak till he sits out a race? Or are you meaning in general? Just I mentioned if Mercedes told him not to sit it out or if it was his own choice, if it was his own choice to put his views to one side as it might cost thousands of jobs then more credit to him, calling anyone racist for asking why he doesnt sit out a race is a big step to take though. Apologies if others have said anything about him not sitting out the race and then made racist claims.

Lewis can do whatever he likes, my opinion is anyone who is racist will not change their views because some sports people are kneeling or missing an event.
Yeah, just in general. Things I've seen so far.

Thought you would know basics

he surely contributed to that accident .... ive never seen a recent restart handled like that by the lead driver since maybe Fuji ‘08, i know he didn't exactly floor it then slam the breaks on but

Cheers ! I get that point of view but for me all the issues that occurred in the pack were influenced by how the lead car handled the restart when the safety car came in ! Its not like Bottas hoyed the brakes on but he slowed around the start finish line which had even a slight effect tbrough the pack !

he surely contributed to that accident .... ive never seen a recent restart handled like that by the lead driver since maybe Fuji ‘08, i know he didn't exactly floor it then slam the breaks on but

Cheers ! I get that point of view but for me all the issues that occurred in the pack were influenced by how the lead car handled the restart when the safety car came in ! Its not like Bottas hoyed the brakes on but he slowed around the start finish line which had even a slight effect tbrough the pack !
You're the only person I see Blaming Bottas

Repeat after me:
Bottas did nothing wrong.

The FIA have announced they're investigating Lewis Hamilton for wearing the Breonna Taylor t-shirt on the podium yesterday.

Whatever decision they reach, this will not end well.

The FIA have announced they're investigating Lewis Hamilton for wearing the Breonna Taylor t-shirt on the podium yesterday.

Guessing there is a rule stating no political statements or outside sponsors, when you have races in countries like Russia, China and the middle east they will make sure nobody upsets the pay masters, i expect he will get told not to do it again but hopefully no points or a fine.

Just reading that Eddie Jordan reckons INEOS are after buying the Mercedes team "lock stock", and that it needed Wolff to go on the record that its BS... does Jordan have form with getting his inside gossip more or less correct?

Just reading that Eddie Jordan reckons INEOS are after buying the Mercedes team "lock stock", and that it needed Wolff to go on the record that its BS... does Jordan have form with getting his inside gossip more or less correct?
He’s throws darts all over the place sometimes he hits the bullseye. Throw that many he’ll hit more bullseye ;):lol:

Reactions: PTR
Is a man of extremes. Sometimes deadly accurate, sometimes as accurate as Altidore.

I'm wondering how supporting a family is politics to be quite honest.

He's not saying "vote Trump" or "ban gay marriage". In our country the decision to prosecute should never be influenced by politics.

I'm wondering how supporting a family is politics to be quite honest.

He's not saying "vote Trump" or "ban gay marriage". In our country the decision to prosecute should never be influenced by politics.

I think they will be linking it to BLM which is political but the main problem I can see for them is if somebody won or got podium in China and had a tshirt saying free the Uyghur prisoners or had the name of one prisoner who has disappeared asking where they are it wouldnt go down very well with the Chinese government who will be paying a lot to host the race.

If they allow Hamilton to wear the tshirt (without goving him a slap on the wrists and reminding the drivers of the rules) they cant then fine/demote somebody who does it next, not that anyone would dare do that in China but maybe somebody would be brave enough.

You're the only person I see Blaming Bottas

Repeat after me:

Bottas did nothing wrong

Bottas did nothing wrong

Reactions: PTR