F1 2020

Protecting the home by reaching for a loaded weapon and starting shooting.....Easy to judge what happened thereafter, as Hamilton has done in his usual fashion conscious manner.

No doubt he'd have calmed the situation down with his condescending transatlantic drawl, "guys".
Its perfectly legal in the USA to defend your property from robbers with a gun though. The cops were totally to blame. Shouldn't have been there in the first place, shouldn't have asked for a no-knock warrant in the first place AND that was rescinded by the judge, but they f***ing did it anyway!

As for the accent, well, that's common to a lot of, f***ing hell, what's the correct word here? People of colour in London - its very common to have a certain accent.
Oddly, its also VERY common to have a similar accent for white people in prison.
Track looks more like something Formula 4 or something would race on.
Macau next week then? :lol:

Last edited:
Track looks more like something Formula 4 or something would race on.
The pit lane is two driving lanes plus the inside lane which is the actual pit boxes with teams tightly packed together. A dude cut straight from lane 3 to lane 1, narrowly missing two cars, having to swerve and almost taking out the next pit's front wheel gunner, and turning so tightly into his own pit that he almost did his own man as well.

I used to get dropped off and picked up at Newark Liberty and JFK airports and they had exactly the same setup.

Last edited:
I know this isn't exactly the correct thread but are crowds allowed in all sports in America? Watching this Indy race and its pretty packed and the NFL had fans in on Thursday.

This track looks like something you'd see on Eurosport's at 2am when they are showing a race in some amateur Porsche category.

Its perfectly legal in the USA to defend your property from robbers with a gun though. The cops were totally to blame. Shouldn't have been there in the first place, shouldn't have asked for a no-knock warrant in the first place AND that was rescinded by the judge, but they f***ing did it anyway!

As for the accent, well, that's common to a lot of, f***ing hell, what's the correct word here? People of colour in London - its very common to have a certain accent.
Oddly, its also VERY common to have a similar accent for white people in prison. Oddly.

Macau next week then? :lol:

The gun laws in the US are ridiculous obviously. The evidence pointed to the fact they knocked, if that matters.

A tragic event, but I'm not sure Hamilton publicly judging from his ivory tower is too wise, or helpful. I honestly do wonder what he would do if he was a copper getting shot at. Must be terrifying.

The gun laws in the US are ridiculous obviously. The evidence pointed to the fact they knocked, if that matters.

A tragic event, but I'm not sure Hamilton publicly judging from his ivory tower is too wise, or helpful. I honestly do wonder what he would do if he was a copper getting shot at. Must be terrifying.
He’s not though, he’s a young coloured lad who has done his time working through the ranks to the very pinnacle of his sport with underlying prejudices against him and his family. He’s earned his place amongst the greats and is entitled to voice his opinions about the challenges which he has faced and which others in less privileged positions are facing each and every day of their lives.

The good news is his views reach a global audience. You struggle to reach out beyond a dying Northern post-industrial town and a message board for a rival football team who in the main don’t give a fuck about your narrow minded and parochial views.

The good news for you is there are still a handful who share your views, so feel free to sit and warm yourself in the dying embers of petty hatred whilst the rest of us enjoy life in the 21st century.

He’s not though, he’s a young coloured lad who has done his time working through the ranks to the very pinnacle of his sport with underlying prejudices against him and his family. He’s earned his place amongst the greats and is entitled to voice his opinions about the challenges which he has faced and which others in less privileged positions are facing each and every day of their lives.

The good news is his views reach a global audience. You struggle to reach out beyond a dying Northern post-industrial town and a message board for a rival football team who in the main don’t give a fuck about your narrow minded and parochial views.

The good news for you is there are still a handful who share your views, so feel free to sit and warm yourself in the dying embers of petty hatred whilst the rest of us enjoy life in the 21st century.

I'm narrow minded and parochial because I question the wisdom of a billionaire pampered sportsman judging people's actions whose lives were at risk?

Don't understand that. Haven't even said he's wrong, just wondering what gives him the right to judge.

I'm narrow minded and parochial because I question the wisdom of a billionaire pampered sportsman judging people's actions whose lives were at risk?

Don't understand that. Haven't even said he's wrong, just wondering what gives him the right to judge.
Meanwhile how would you suggest the family of Breonna Taylor progress their case in getting justice for her murder (you could say assassination if you wanted to fan the flames)? Should they just suck it up, or is there a case that she is just one of hundreds murdered by a country where there is undoubtedly institutionalised discrimination? That’s not ignoring the facts that there are criminal elements within the black community.

I guess the easier question would be whose life would you rather be living, yours as a (presumably) white working class bloke in the U.K., or an average law-abiding black bloke or woman in any major western country?

I honestly wonder what you would do if your innocent relative had been shot dead by police without any just cause. Must be terrifying.

I'm not sure you judging on an Internet forum is too wise or helpful.

Meanwhile how would you suggest the family of Breonna Taylor progress their case in getting justice for her murder (you could say assassination if you wanted to fan the flames)? Should they just suck it up, or is there a case that she is just one of hundreds murdered by a country where there is undoubtedly institutionalised discrimination? That’s not ignoring the facts that there are criminal elements within the black community.

I guess the easier question would be whose life would you rather be living, yours as a (presumably) white working class bloke in the U.K., or an average law-abiding black bloke or woman in any major western country?

You don't think police would have returned fire getting shot at by a white or Hispanic suspect?
I honestly wonder what you would do if your innocent relative had been shot dead by police without any just cause. Must be terrifying.

I'm not sure you judging on an Internet forum is too wise or helpful.

What have I judged Flash?

They should have took him out before the start there was clearly issues and max said he had problems on the formation lap. If max wasn't there going backwards would that first crash have happened?

I don't think that crash would have happened but the team have to be able to attempt a repair or it becomes even more sterile

The stewards have apportioned blame for the rolling start pile-up, 12 drivers all at fault but just getting warnings (no penalties)...

Magnussen, Kvyat, Latifi, Giovinazzi, Sainz, Alexander Albon, Lance Stroll, Daniel Ricciardo, Sergio Perez, Lando Norris, Esteban Ocon and George Russell.

The stewards have apportioned blame for the rolling start pile-up, 12 drivers all at fault but just getting warnings (no penalties)...

Magnussen, Kvyat, Latifi, Giovinazzi, Sainz, Alexander Albon, Lance Stroll, Daniel Ricciardo, Sergio Perez, Lando Norris, Esteban Ocon and George Russell.

no Bottas ?!?! Really strange decision for me

That shirt is going to massively trigger the racists who I keep seeing replying to any F1 or Sky Sports ad on social media saying they've cancelled their subscription and won't watch while Hamilton is there and they're all taking the knee. "KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORT" aka "KEEP UPPITY BLACKS BEING SELF CONFIDENT AND STANDING UP FOR RACIAL EQUALITY OFF MY TELLY"

I respect Hamilton for taking the stand he has as the Breonna Taylor killing is as bad as it gets.

The three detectives who killed her should stand trial alongside the men they were looking for - it's that simple.

The only way the yanks will ever tolerate gun control is when they realise that law enforcement is potentially more effective when the officers do not feel the need to be armed before walking the streets.
Fastest lap hes mile off just checked 51 to Schumacher 77

Without taking anything away from Schumachers towering achievement, the only reasons I can see for Hamilton being so far off it are the tyres and Hamiltons cunning when managing the race.
Naomi Osaka sat out and got plenty of press for it, looks much better in my opinion when one person is willing to stand up against the entire body and show they are willing to lose to the greater good. Not saying Hamilton doesn't truly care or anything, just wonder if Mercedes said you are not missing a weekend where we could win.

Also on the it wouldn't achieve anything, I guess thats up for debate on what any of the protesting achieves, surely no racist watches some guys kneel before a F1 race and thinks yeah maybe I shouldn't be such a scumbag and hate somebody who I don't know just because they are a different colour to me.

Hamilton understands that by sitting out a race he could hurt the whole team and support structure.

That's potentially thousands of people affected by his actions
Would love to see what Lewis Hamilton would do if he was copper executing a drugs warrant and someone starting shooting at him.

They were plain clothes cops and they burst in without warning.

One of the men they were looking for had dated Taylor 2 years prior to the killing but lived 10 miles away.

It was a disgraceful series of events which led to the death of an innocent woman.

Last edited:

Back