F1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazepin is probably the least popular driver in F2, he's overprivileged, not very talented, erratic, prone to petulance, an unfair and occasionally dangerous racer, and he finished 18th when his teammate won the F2 championship, oh and once physically attacked Callum Illot in the paddock leaving him with a black eye. He's a complete wanker.

His dad owns Uralchem and has three times as much money as Lawrence Stroll.

Basically he makes Lance Stroll look like a humble, deserving lovely young man with world beating talent.

Perfect replacement for Grosjean basically.
Haas are in for a shocker if they go for Mazepin and Schumacher. Schumacher clearly has more talent so you’d think with experience around him to learn from he can then progress. He won’t get that with Haas and I expect people like Todt and Kehm will guide him away.

Mazepin is probably the least popular driver in F2, he's overprivileged, not very talented, erratic, prone to petulance, an unfair and occasionally dangerous racer, and he finished 18th when his teammate won the F2 championship, oh and once physically attacked Callum Illot in the paddock leaving him with a black eye. He's a complete wanker.

Basically he makes Lance Stroll look like a humble, deserving lovely young man with world beating talent.

That's interesting. I must admit I don't know too much about Mazepin, but he's looked quick in F2 this year and has won a couple of races. I also remember it being mentioned that he was Ilott's teammate in F3 and beat him.

Obviously the money is a factor too, or you'd imagine Ilott would be getting picked ahead of him for next year.

Only one practice session for Valteri to dominate this week . . .anyone know why?
Is this a trial to see how they go without the Friday running?

Good. I increasingly got the impression that the only people talking about Perez to Williams were Perez and his management team
george seems to have said that himself i believe, Simon Roberts (acting williams team principle) has discovered quickly how one misspoken reply can cause a media-frenzy.

Just watched the Sochi incident.

For those who haven't seen it, he manages to career off the track, takes the wrong route back onto the circuit, clipping Aitken in the process and piling into Matsushita who then makes a heavy impact into the barriers.

He's a young man and it's expected that he'll make mistakes but blatantly ignoring the rules like that gets people killed.

Let's hope he's learned something.

Just watched the Sochi incident.

For those who haven't seen it, he manages to career off the track, takes the wrong route back onto the circuit, clipping Aitken in the process and piling into Matsushita who then makes a heavy impact into the barriers.

He's a young man and it's expected that he'll make mistakes but blatantly ignoring the rules like that gets people killed.

Let's hope he's learned something.
He just went off and then floored it! Both drivers were hospitalised in that accident and Aitken was also put out of the race having negotiated the barriers properly. Aside from what happened at Spa last year, it's rare for drivers to be put in hospital at that level of motorsport.

He got a 15 place grid penalty and 4 points on his licence (accruing 12 earns a ban). The stewards said "the driver of Car 03 (Mazepin) caused this incident by a total lack of due care for his fellow drivers and caused a bad incident that could have been much worse". Words like total lack of due care don't bode well for F1...

He also hit a 2nd place board at Tsunoda deliberately after being beaten by him courtesy of a 5 second penalty:

F2: Mazepin penalised for hitting P2 board near Tsunoda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back