F1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the aftermath I presumed correa would be the driver most to come off worst, billy monger style. FIA reckon he’s stable but make no reference to broken bones etc...

T-Bone is pretty difficult to legislate against, was that type of accident that saw zanardi loose his legs...
His car ended up smashed up and upside down but the safety cell is intact. Come a long way since 1993, to the immense credit of the FIA, Whiting, Lauda, Wurz, Brawn, Todt and the rest

EDIT - I take that back... you can see his feet moving around as he comes to rest and afterwards, but just inside the carbon fibre, not quite sticking out a la Johnny Herbert. Inches from a horrible injury himself it seems

Last edited:

I’ve driven that track and there’s not a lot that you can do. When you come up the hill it’s a blind apex so you’re aiming for where you think it is before you open the wheel to the exit. He wouldn’t have had a chance of moving. Even if he seen him your steering is so light over there, a sharp turn may not have done much, even in an F2 car.

I would say that I’m surprised the barrier didn’t absorb the impact to keep him in there rather than bouncing back out.

I watched the programme live. They didn’t repeat the footage. Everything pretty much stopped and the programme ended. Horrible. Just horrible.

Last edited:
I’ve driven that track and there’s not a lot that you can do. When you come up the hill it’s a blind apex so you’re aiming for where you think it is before you open the wheel to the exit. He wouldn’t have had a chance of moving. Even if he seen him your steering is so light over there, a sharp turn may not have done much, even in an F2 car.

I would say that I’m surprised the barrier didn’t absorb the impact to keep him in there rather than bouncing back out.
It kept him off the track, Correa was avoiding something else and hit him off track.

Good race today I thought. Not the explosive excitement of the last couple, but a really good tactical battle at the front with some good racing in the midfield.

Unlucky for Norris, he really deserved that P5, and a great drive from Albon from the back. Red Bull must be happy with their decision based on the first race.

Fitting that it was Leclerc who won after yesterday, great drive and enjoyed watching Vettel have to move over and let him by.

Good race today I thought. Not the explosive excitement of the last couple, but a really good tactical battle at the front with some good racing in the midfield.

Unlucky for Norris, he really deserved that P5, and a great drive from Albon from the back. Red Bull must be happy with their decision based on the first race.

Fitting that it was Leclerc who won after yesterday, great drive and enjoyed watching Vettel have to move over and let him by.
Looking forward to hearing Seb getting told to move over for his number two.
Well played on the podium. Not spraying the champagne, as a sign of respect.

Very good race again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back