F1 2019

The way it is being described on R5, it sounds like he drove across the track and could have been t-boned. Probably overdoing it without seeing it, but bloody stupid.

He was harshly done by in Canada but that today was ridiculous. Couldn’t see Stroll, but he just drove straight across the track, what does he think is going to be coming round the corner??

Stroll almost as bad just after as well so he can stop twisting
10 second stop/go for Vettel.

Completely deserved, expect the same for Stroll
Drive through for Stroll

Last edited:

Here we go. Wah Wah..
Just pointing out the obvious.

Seb joined in a way that a week ago ended a racer's life. Charles forces Lewis off, yellow card, then misses a corner, no investigation.

Same situations on any driver, there should be some punishment, not just a warning, or 10 second stop/go.

Seb joined in a way that a week ago ended a racer's life. Charles forces Lewis off, yellow card, then misses a corner, no investigation.

Same situations on any driver, there should be some punishment, not just a warning, or 10 second stop/go.
No mention of Stroll doing the same thing? Oh seb was at fault but as Martin brundle said on sky there's no way he could see what was coming, with the high sides of the cockpit he can't turn his head..

The lack of consistency is shocking.

It would be true to say that years ago LeClerc Hamilton would have been just hard racing but LeClerc was black and white flagged, almost ran into Hamilton as well as missing a corner and not giving up a place.

In the modern era any other car would have been brought to book.

The stewards just didn't have the cojones to further penalise Ferrari at Monza

No mention of Stroll doing the same thing? Oh seb was at fault but as Martin brundle said on sky there's no way he could see what was coming, with the high sides of the cockpit he can't turn his head..
Stroll was in the wrong too. I was pointing out a lack of punishment on Ferrari.

I like Charles, he is like Max and Lando, the future of F1, but when a president is set, punishment should be consistent.

The stewards just didn't have the cojones to further penalise Ferrari at Monza
in the grand schemes of things this season, its doesnt really matter... even hamilton seemed to accept that to a certain degree. i didnt really expect that at the italian gp, with a ferrari leading in a year where they've struggled to win when the race winner would hardly effect the outcome of the world title - that they'd do anything to change the outcome.

vettel was in the wrong, probably not deliberate and as brundle pointed out dam difficult to see oncoming traffic - could he have waited for a marshall to wave him back on? was never gonna wait for that, but the optics are bad when seeing as what happened last week. ditto stroll, i think he would have a better chance than vettel of seeing oncoming traffic personally.

le clerc has certainly been a bit more willing to stick out his elbows since he came off second best to max back in austria mind... when seen from that angle, the stewards have let things slide a bit this season.

in the grand schemes of things this season, its doesnt really matter... even hamilton seemed to accept that to a certain degree. i didnt really expect that at the italian gp, with a ferrari leading in a year where they've struggled to win when the race winner would hardly effect the outcome of the world title - that they'd do anything to change the outcome.

vettel was in the wrong, probably not deliberate and as brundle pointed out dam difficult to see oncoming traffic - could he have waited for a marshall to wave him back on? was never gonna wait for that, but the optics are bad when seeing as what happened last week. ditto stroll, i think he would have a better chance than vettel of seeing oncoming traffic personally.

le clerc has certainly been a bit more willing to stick out his elbows since he came off second best to max back in austria mind... when seen from that angle, the stewards have let things slide a bit this season.

Vettel has two options - marshal or the team can guide him on. He ignored those and chose to suicide run out into the track. Got what he deserved for something so stupid. Could be a fatal crash doing something like that - was a week ago...

The stewards need to get tougher on these new drivers tbh. Hamilton was right in that Max and now Charles seem to get away with an awful lot more than in the past. That wasn’t good racing by Charles tbh and should have had him penalised on two occasions. The difference watching these kids compared to Kimi, Burton, Alonso, etc. is startling - no track respect at all anymore.

But I think Lewis realised that he isn’t battling the Ferraris and that his only worry now is his team mate, since the Red Bull resurgence has dissipated the last two races. Thankfully for Lewis, Ferrari will disappear once we go back to normal style tracks instead of the pair of power tracks we’ve just been at, and Red Bull won’t be able to compete in Japan, US and Abu Dhabi. The merc car really is the complete package - and is the best at managing its tyres as well. Pretty hard to see it being beaten over a season in the near future tbh

Vettel has two options - marshal or the team can guide him on. He ignored those and chose to suicide run out into the track. Got what he deserved for something so stupid. Could be a fatal crash doing something like that - was a week ago...

The stewards need to get tougher on these new drivers tbh. Hamilton was right in that Max and now Charles seem to get away with an awful lot more than in the past. That wasn’t good racing by Charles tbh and should have had him penalised on two occasions. The difference watching these kids compared to Kimi, Burton, Alonso, etc. is startling - no track respect at all anymore.

But I think Lewis realised that he isn’t battling the Ferraris and that his only worry now is his team mate, since the Red Bull resurgence has dissipated the last two races. Thankfully for Lewis, Ferrari will disappear once we go back to normal style tracks instead of the pair of power tracks we’ve just been at, and Red Bull won’t be able to compete in Japan, US and Abu Dhabi. The merc car really is the complete package - and is the best at managing its tyres as well. Pretty hard to see it being beaten over a season in the near future tbh
So you want more penalties? Ffs the sport can't win, fans want more wheel to wheel racing then when the driver they support comes off second best they want penalties handed out..
Well Mercedes only have next season with that car configuration so the near future doesn't have that long.

So you want more penalties? Ffs the sport can't win, fans want more wheel to wheel racing then when the driver they support comes off second best they want penalties handed out..
Well Mercedes only have next season with that car configuration so the near future doesn't have that long.

I think clear breaches of the rules should be penalties. Especially when Charles has already been black and white flagged earlier in the race. Consistency is what we want, and Seb was penalised for it earlier in the season as was Bottas. Yet Max at Austria and Charles at Monza (both the teams home race incidentally) get away with squeezing into corners. Wanting more wheel to wheel racing isn’t exclusive to wanting fair racing - other drivers like Kimi, Button, Hamilton rarely get into such tactics, yet manage to race wheel to wheel in the past seasons, yet this seems beyond others. F1 isn’t like football, rugby, etc. - you generally only get one chance to overtake in a stint before the tyres are fried - are you saying that everyone should be allowed one freebie before getting penalised? Baring in mind the black and white flag is the FIA accepting the driving is out of order.
Also the 2021 regulations are not going to be the full on overhaul of the grid that the 2014 change brought about - there are fundamental changes but nothing that will influence pack order too heavily

Last edited:
Not at all. People (fans and drivers) just want what they've always asked for - consistency.

I think Le Clerck was very very close to getting a 5s pen, but I'm ok with the decision not to. I couldn't really have argued if they did, though. You can't push other cars off the track, its in the rules - you have to leave a car's space when you re-take your line for a corner after defending down a straight.

Back