F1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if seen before, but Ocon to Renault seems a good move for team and driver.
I wonder if Hulkenberg will end up at Haas?

I can’t help but feel they decided on chasing Ocon when Hulkenberg spun out whilst in second place last month in Germany. Unbelievable that he’s never been on the podium in his career. I believe he holds the record for most F1 starts without a podium.

The advances in safety over last few decades can sometimes make us forget forget how dangerous motorsport is.
Awful crash. Not sure what you can do about being t-boned at 170mph tho. Seems an odd place for the initial barrier impact. Tyres were only a couple of laps old too.

Fully agree there's just some things you can't really make safe and a T-Bone like that is one of them.
From the clip taken at the side of the track, there’s another car going slowly just before the initial barrier impact. My guess is they’ve had a bump up the long fast hill and Hubert has lost control :(

Oh no, that's horrible, horrible news.
Just saw the crash, or at least some of it. Hit the barrier and bounced back towards the track, then someone t boned him flat out. Sickening crash.
RIP

Last edited:
It's a long time since I've seen a car broken in half in a high level of motorsport (in which I don't include Indycar). Horrific. Probably an impact getting on for 100G virtually perpendicular to the cockpit directly at the driver's body; unsurvivable.

Horrific. Feel for the driver that hit him.
When I saw the aftermath I presumed correa would be the driver most to come off worst, billy monger style. FIA reckon he’s stable but make no reference to broken bones etc...

T-Bone is pretty difficult to legislate against, was that type of accident that saw zanardi loose his legs...

poor sod, absolutely horrific. The fact they got him to the hospital still alive shows the safety of the cars. I am curious, about the levels of safety testing as you go down the formulas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back