F1 2019

I remember a few years back, when McLaren were one of the best seats to have, a young rookie going straight there, no warm up with another team first. He did ok. Can't remember his name..... Louise Harroson, or something like that.

Based on what I’ve seen so far there is absolutely no comparison between Hamilton in GP2 and Albon in F2

I remember a few years back, when McLaren were one of the best seats to have, a young rookie going straight there, no warm up with another team first. He did ok. Can't remember his name..... Louise Harroson, or something like that.

fair play :lol:

although as above it's not really a fair comparison

not sure him getting destroyed by Max week in week out will be good for his development. Which let's be fair is probably going to happen.

Last edited:
fair play :lol:

although as above it's not really a fair comparison

not sure him getting destroyed by Max week in week out will be good for his development. Which let's be fair is probably going to happen.

Gasly was too inconsistent.

One weekend in 10 he could compete and then the rest of the time he was averaging over half a second behind The Flying Clog.

Albon has at least been consistent and as long as he does better than Gasly in the remaining races will probably keep the seat - a healthy cheque from his (Thai?) backer may help.

The big thing is second place in the constructors championship and I reckon likely projections weren't favourable with Gasly.

So a sack of Thai baht and a shot at 2nd it is...

Does anyone else listen to Aiden Millward on youtube? I enjoy his 'storytime' series, and it does give an interesting viewpoint on different aspects of F1, and motorsport in general.

Sample link below.

Does anyone else listen to Aiden Millward on youtube? I enjoy his 'storytime' series, and it does give an interesting viewpoint on different aspects of F1, and motorsport in general.

Sample link below.

Yeah started filling him a few months ago and his content is very good. There are a lot of channels doing something similar now but he is a bit more entertaining to watch.

Yeah started filling him a few months ago and his content is very good. There are a lot of channels doing something similar now but he is a bit more entertaining to watch.
Chainbear F1 is also a decent listen. Manages to put some of the complex parts of the engineering and rules into a form even I can understand.

see that merc have confirmed bottas in the merc 2nd seat for 2020... presume valtteri's manager had negotiate hard to keep him in the seat...

Back