F1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

did something similar happen to bobby robson? had in my head that someone hurt themselves skiing which is how their cancer was found in smilar circumstances, but couldnt picture an 80 odd Murray Walker skiing...

You're right. Just did some googling and Bobby Robson's lung cancer was spotted after he'd had a skiing accident.

The latest F1 'beyond the grid' podcast with tom clarkson was released this morning, interview with Murray Walker. Only had the first half hour on in the car to work but the interview so far is excellent to listen to. for a fella who is 95, that when commentating got his names\facts mixed up - his memory is sharp as a tack... highly recommend this to everyone (the guenther steiner & recent Coulthard ones were excellent too).
Thanks I’ll give this a listen.

Hamilton
Bottas
LeClerc
Vettel
Verstappen
The consensus seems to be merc & Ferrari for the top 4, plus 1 red bull...

For shits & giggles I reckon either Sainz or Kimi could sneak a second row spot...

Have Red Bull been making noises that they think their aero package might be a bit duff?

Thanks I’ll give this a listen.
Having listened to the entire episode, I think it’s the best single episode of any podcast I’ve heard...

Last edited:
The straight line speed favours Ferrari at this stage so you have to go with their drivers especially given the long straights in China

Bottas on pole.
Lewis second .

Mercedes naughty bunching up field so red bull didn't get a second go in Q3.

Hamilton
Bottas
Vettel
Verstappen
Leclerc

Ffs.

Can always bank on lance stroll to be absolutely shite. Only 1 elimination space available in Q1 (with retirements & the Williams). Stroll still managing to fill that final space.

Perez saying he's the quickest team mate he's had man :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PTR
Torpedo at it again :lol:

"Sebastian is faster than you"

Lap 11, and the main straight looks like it has a "dry line" (marbles). Mad!

Last edited:
hehehe, Seb can't pull away from Leclerc - seems to be holding a small gap so his tyres don't get wrecked. And now he's catching tbh.

What was the point in Leclerc letting Vettel past :rolleyes:
I know the radio is delayed, but it seemed like they told him to pull away, or change places - and so he did exactly both of those things - they didn't give him enough time to comply with the first option before enforcing the 2nd

Last edited:
Lewis is often poor on harder tyres isn't he? And looks like everyone will be moving onto them at some point. So there's still plenty to go here.

I wonder if le clerc goes 2 stop to resolve this issue with Seb. Med soft med would be interesting

Lewis is often poor on harder tyres isn't he? And looks like everyone will be moving onto them at some point. So there's still plenty to go here.

I wonder if le clerc goes 2 stop to resolve this issue with Seb. Med soft med would be interesting
Looks like they are, be surprised if it works mind especially with no fresh soft tyres.

Surely no way they can do Med/Soft for the race???

Wonder how annoyed that strip of tarmac on the pit entrance makes Lewis - knowing its only there cos he lost a race to that spot on the track

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back