F1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen LH pass and I didn’t like it. It was far to obvious.

Matters not.
It’s clearly within the current rules.

Ferrari used to do it regular without even a second thought back when it was considered dubious practice and little was ever said about it.
My bet is that the new ruling was made mainly for their benefit.

Reactions: PTR

Not sure DTM is much of a plan b for their driver lineup...

Especially since Mercedes won't be in DTM after next year. It will be just Audi and BMW as they adopt the Class One regs used in the Super GT.

And it is still going to be more exciting than F1. My advice to Toto Wolf is to watch any race in the 2018 BTCC so see how exciting a race can be if the teams don't interfere with the race and allow the drivers to race instead. What a race where the drivers are allowed to roll the sleeves up and get involved in bumper-to-bumper, wheel-to-wheel, good honest hard racing looks like. Lewis has won 8 of the 16 races so far to bag the title without even having to win any more yet Colin Turkington won the BTCC drivers championship at Brands Hatch having only won once this year. How come? Because he raced hard and he raced well against everyone and was consistent.

Thank you Mercedes. You have just reminded me why I fell out of love with F1 in the first place.

Matters not.
It’s clearly within the current rules.

Ferrari used to do it regular without even a second thought back when it was considered dubious practice and little was ever said about it.
My bet is that the new ruling was made mainly for their benefit.
Ferrari have done it this season on a number of occasions. It goes on all the time I get that and I back Merc for doing it. I still don’t like it

Reactions: PTR
Ferrari have done it this season on a number of occasions. It goes on all the time I get that and I back Merc for doing it. I still don’t like it

Problem is it would be a difficult thing to prove if it was outlawed.

It would be highly unlikely that teams would make it blatantly obvious as we saw yesterday.

Goes all the way back to Schumacher and Barrichello, maybe even Irvine. I stopped watching it, especially after 2002 when barrichello let Schumacher through on the last corner.

I love Hamilton, I think he’s mint and a class driver but yesterday left a sour taste I must admit. Especially as Hamilton would’ve probably overtaken Bottas anyway, without orders.

Both Hamilton and the Team boss had very obvious regrets about it, but as it’s now considered acceptable practice by the authorities and it’s second nature to their opponents, I don’t think they should feel so bad about it, apart of course from sympathising with Botty.

On the other hand Botty needs to get used to being the number 2 driver and learn to readily accept team decisions with good grace, until such time that he’s as seriously competitive as Hamilton.

The only good thing to be said about it, is that the ruling applies equally to all teams.

If only the FIA had someone who knew the subject area, its not like Jean Todt wrote the book on it... :cool:
Ferrari have been doing it loads this season - leaving Kimi out waaaaay longer than he should, just so he can slow the Mercs down when they catch up to him.

Ferrari have been doing it loads this season - leaving Kimi out waaaaay longer than he should, just so he can slow the Mercs down when they catch up to him.
did Mosley "Ban Team Orders" after the Austria race?

did Mosley "Ban Team Orders" after the Austria race?
Yeah, team orders were banned for a couple of years then allowed again because it wasn't enforceable and its all part of racing anyway. I hope they resist the temptation to ban them for another couple of years now.

In fact I can't bear all this wallowing and mea culpa shit from Hamilton and Wolff. It's part of the sport, they know it, we all know it, don't pretend to be ashamed of yourselves or feel bad for Bottas. You're not, and you shouldn't be. He knows his place, he signed the deal.

"Last year it wasn't me. It was someone else!"

I noticed he said that. Like a frightened school kid :lol:

......and Putin was like a big girls blouse.

First time I’ve heard anyone complain about the normal celebrations and getting champagne sprayed over them.

He had the option to keep his nose out of it, but the rare possibility of some positive worldwide publicity for a change was too much to resist.

Ericsson keeping the mechanics busy.

Renault engine fucks up again for Red Bull.

Mercedes front row.

Massive fuck up by Ferrari. Vettel in 9th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back