F1 2018

Some of the tracks are crap like, usually the newer ones.
I’m not a fan of the Singapore GP, would love to see the return of the Nurburgring (old one), Argentina and San Marino.

Looking forward to the Japanese GP shortly.

As much as I love this as a track for road cars it would never work in F1. Track is too narrow with very little in the way of overtaking opportunities.

Alonso deserved the title in 2010 and 2012. Vettel was great in the Red Bull days of sticking it on pole and just driving off into the distance. He’s a great driver but he’s a tier behind Hamilton and Alonso.

Little fact also, he’s never won a Grand Prix when he’s started outside the top three :eek:

I would suggest that both Verstappen and Riccardo arebetter drivers than Vettel. They both seem to get more out of their car than Vettel does

Agree on all of them, sadly we'll never see the old Nordschleife used again. Argentina will surely be pushing to have theirs back at some point, and Imola would be fantastic to see again. It's a bit like the Hungaroring, not set up to create endless overtaking, but enough to create opportunities, then it's up to the drivers to take them and make them count. It almost always delivered a good race as well, also like the Hungaroring.
Fairly sure Liberty have indicated they’re look to expand via city street circuits, ie. the stalled Miami proposal. I think Copenhagen has been rumoured too...

They’ve also said they want to consolidate the traditional historical events ie. Italian/German/French GPs - where the impending cancelation of Silverstone fits I don’t know. Is next year the last?

The days of a new gp & tilke circuit are gone imho.

A long way down to turn 2, turn 1 isn’t really a turn. So can imagine Hamilton will want to get ahead by then. They need to be careful though as depending on where they are placed Vettel and Kimi will be waiting to pounce

Something has to be done about that run off area at turn 2.
4 cars used it at the start of the F2, 3 of them didn't even try to get round the corner.
Some sort of time penalty or must go through at a certain speed?

Back