F1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why Bottas is twisting. Perfectly reasonable decision from Mercedes to let Hamilton win.
Agree, still makes me feel uneasy. Feel sorry for Bottas but I reckon Lewis would have overtaken him.

He's on borrowed time until he's replaced by Ocon in a year's time. Not good enough, and Hamilton could decide he's had enough and retire at any moment, Mercedes need a better succession plan than Botty
Yeah, looks that way. Although I really think Merc need a B-Team, or at least a "Haas" where they place the drivers like Torro Rosso.

Bottas is a very good driver though, a perfect #2 really, as he's occasionally right up there, and then not often enough to really stake a claim for equal status.

Bottas is a very good driver though, a perfect #2 really, as he's occasionally right up there, and then not often enough to really stake a claim for equal status.

He’s no Hamilton, but he is reliable and always brings home the bacon for the team and very rarely cocks it up.

Yeah, looks that way. Although I really think Merc need a B-Team, or at least a "Haas" where they place the drivers like Torro Rosso.

They've only really got Ocon haven't they. Red Bull and even the shambles that is Ferrari have a great pipeline of drivers. Having said that I'm underwhelmed by Gasly and astonished that Kvyat is getting another chance.

I think it's not so much a problem that they haven't got a B team in F1, it's that they aren't partnered with an F2 team like Ferrari and Red Bull where people like Russell, Norris and previously Leclerc and Giovinazzi are coming through and the drivers' market is fluid enough to more easily pluck the talent into your development programme.

Last edited:
They've only really got Ocon haven't they.
They’ve got more than that - top of their juniors for me is George Russell, should be in the Williams next year imho. Then they don’t know what to do with pascal wehrlein before you get to Ocon.

Not sure DTM is much of a plan b for their driver lineup...

they haven't got a B team in F1
Williams could be (kind of), now that Force India have gone down a different route...

Did Toto sell his stake in Williams when he left for Merc?

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR
They’ve got more than that - top of their juniors for me is George Russell, should be in the Williams next year imho. Then they don’t know what to do with pascal wehrlein before you get to Ocon.

Not sure DTM is much of a plan b for their driver lineup...
You're right, my omission, Russell is a class act. Very competent win today and likely F2 champion. Unfortunately looks like a character from Harry Potter but you can't have everything.

Unfortunately looks like a character from Harry Potter but you can't have everything.
:lol: same applies to Dan Ticktum! He must be fooking pissed that he could miss out to Mick Schumi for a title & also can’t step up to the empty red bull young driver f1 seat.

Williams could be (kind of), now that Force India have gone down a different route...

Did Toto sell his stake in Williams when he left for Merc?

Pretty sure he had to and did. Williams will do whatever someone pays them to do these days, it's very sad. Force India is one to watch, now they have money and an F2 team through BWT, but they've got to keep Stroll out of the second car if they are serious about progressing. Daddy won't see that though.

Just watching again on C4.

Bottas being ordered to let Lewis past and Putin standing there as our national anthem sounds.

Awkward.

They've only really got Ocon haven't they. Red Bull and even the shambles that is Ferrari have a great pipeline of drivers. Having said that I'm underwhelmed by Gasly and astonished that Kvyat is getting another chance.

I think it's not so much a problem that they haven't got a B team in F1, it's that they aren't partnered with an F2 team like Ferrari and Red Bull where people like Russell, Norris and previously Leclerc and Giovinazzi are coming through and the drivers' market is fluid enough to more easily pluck the talent into your development programme.

Do they really need it though, they have THE car on the grid, and I am sure could make a move for any driver they wanted. I wanted to see them bring in Danny Ric, but think Hamilton was wary of adding a really top class racer would jeopardize his ability to win races.

Just seen LH pass and I didn’t like it. It was far to obvious.

They were supposed to hide the fact that Hamilton was suddenly making up 2 seconds on Bottas??? They called it on the radio, and the radio transmission went out on the world feed. Couldn't get much more obvious

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back