Extinction Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm quite cynical but I can't help but think some people won't give a shit no matter what. Paying more taxes and not seeing an immediate benefit is never a vote winner so party manifestos never go far enough.

Even the people who pretend to care only really call the deniers nazis and do very little else. In fact, the middle classes will use more resources than the poor unwashed right wingers that are seen as the problem.

Obviously, all big capitalist organisations should take most of the blame along with weak, ineffectual, confused Governments that allow the rampant raping of the environment to go on unpunished and at an ever faster pace.

Rant over. :lol:

Just slow down and enjoy the journey, the sheep on the road and all the other twists and turns. I used to love touring many years ago but it just seems a boring race to get from a to b now. We can't afford to maintain the roads we've already got never mind building more.

They need culling for a kick off.

Just slow down and enjoy the journey, the sheep on the road and all the other twists and turns. I used to love touring many years ago but it just seems a boring race to get from a to b now. We can't afford to maintain the roads we've already got never mind building more.
The problem is you can't rely on others to slow down and enjoy the journey. It is usually an unsuspecting oncoming vehicle that takes the brunt. I've seen it first hand on the A69 with a minibus full of school kids barrel rolling across the road after being hit by an oncoming lorry. It isn't pretty.
Even the people who pretend to care only really call the deniers nazis and do very little else. In fact, the middle classes will use more resources than the poor unwashed right wingers that are seen as the problem.

Obviously, all big capitalist organisations should take most of the blame along with weak, ineffectual, confused Governments that allow the rampant raping of the environment to go on unpunished and at an ever faster pace.

Rant over. :lol:
We're all to blame. Me as much as anyone else.

Last edited:
Because individual contributions to our Carbon emissions are insignificant in comparison to what these activists believe they can achieve by forcing through policy change, which is ultimately what's needed.

Whether you believe they will achieve their goals or not is irrelevant to the argument (I happen to believe they won't). The point is simply that it's not hypocritical if they're convinced its a small price worth paying.

It also pisses me off to hear people calling them hypocrits just because they dare to leave any trace of a carbon footprint themselves.

I have no desire to live in a cave or survive on rainwater and grass, thus everything I do has a negative effect on the planet to some degree or other. I agree that should be kept to a minimum wherever possible however its a futile exercise to expect developing countries to stop developing because the mess made by developed countries is thought to have damaged the planet, its simply not going to happen, no matter how well intentioned.

As long as they plant a tree as they go its all good :)
It's a daft statement man people are always going to leave a carbon footprint, they always will do. I'm pretty sure that most if not all involved in XR will be making more conscious choices about what they do and how they live, I'm all for it and genuinely hope that movements like this help us achieve a global change in policy.

It's a daft statement man people are always going to leave a carbon footprint, they always will do. I'm pretty sure that most if not all involved in XR will be making more conscious choices about what they do and how they live, I'm all for it and genuinely hope that movements like this help us achieve a global change in policy.
Their decision to bring London to a grinding halt is partiularly stupid though. Creating unecessary traffic pollution due to major congestion then shouting about people dying due to traffic pollution.

Their decision to bring London to a grinding halt is partiularly stupid though. Creating unecessary traffic pollution due to major congestion then shouting about people dying due to traffic pollution.
Can we all stop with this tedious arguement. The planet is fucked if we do nothing as it stands so the neglegable amount of co2 from the disruption will not make a difference. Action is needed and without disruption the issue doesn't make the news.

Can we all stop with this tedious arguement. The planet is fucked if we do nothing as it stands so the neglegable amount of co2 from the disruption will not make a difference. Action is needed and without disruption the issue doesn't make the news.
Its not a tedious argument is it? Its a do as i say not do as i do attitude which pisses people off. If they werent such arrogant placard waving bellends people would take more notice.We are doing something but that must have escaped your notice.

The irony of your comment that a little bit of CO2 from disruption wont make any difference is laughable. The little bit of difference we make pales into insignificance when you look at the larger polluting nations who couldnt give a monkeys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back