Extinction Rebellion

Its not a tedious argument is it? Its a do as i say not do as i do attitude which pisses people off. If they werent such arrogant placard waving bellends people would take more notice

We are doing something but that must have escaped your notice
Of course it's tedious, everyone was warned of the disruption so there should be less cars on the road as everyone should have made alternative plans.

What are we doing? Is it enough? And how would you like them to get the message across? No one seemed to listen to the scientists or the kids or even national treasure David Attenborough.

Of course it's tedious, everyone was warned of the disruption so there should be less cars on the road as everyone should have made alternative plans.

What are we doing? Is it enough? And how would you like them to get the message across? No one seemed to listen to the scientists or the kids or even national treasure David Attenborough.

For gods sake stop with virtue signalling bollocks abotu everyone should have made alternative plans. The public transport that should be used to cut emissions were also blocked too

I dont think Attenborough or Extinciton Rebellion really appeal to the Chinese market to be honest. If you want to make a difference globally start with the big polluting nations who do nothing. Cherry picking small nations who are already part of the Paris group of nations committed to tackling climate changes is not going to make any difference. Much like your argument that a little bit of CO2 today in London doesnt matter!

Last edited:
If we stop eating them can you imagine the flocks of wild sheep blocking country roads - be mint man.
Would go nice with :cool:
Its not a tedious argument is it? Its a do as i say not do as i do attitude which pisses people off. If they werent such arrogant placard waving bellends people would take more notice.We are doing something but that must have escaped your notice.

The irony of your comment that a little bit of CO2 from disruption wont make any difference is laughable. The little bit of difference we make pales into insignificance when you look at the larger polluting nations who couldnt give a monkeys.
I agree with awareness, but I think most of these protesters are out for a jolly and some middle class danger.

Last edited:
For gods sake stop with virtue signalling bollocks abotu everyone should have made alternative plans. The public transport that should be used to cut emissions were also blocked too

I dont think Attenborough or Extinciton Rebellion really appeal to the Chinese market to be honest. If you want to make a difference globally start with the big polluting nations who do nothing. Cherry picking small nations who are already part of the Paris group of nations committed to tackling climate changes is not going to make any difference. Much like your argument that a little bit of CO2 today in London doesnt matter!

So how do you suggest we achieve that?
Would go nice with :cool:

:lol:

Last edited:

Or other national treasure Dr. David Bellamy who is no longer given airtime after daring to go 'off message' about climate change.

Or other national treasure Dr. David Bellamy who is no longer given airtime after daring to go 'off message' about climate change.
From his wiki: A letter he published on 16 April 2005 in New Scientist asserted that a large percentage (555 of 625) of the glaciers being observed by the World Glacier Monitoring Service were advancing, not retreating.[20] George Monbiot of The Guardian tracked down Bellamy's original source for this information and found that it was from discredited data originally published by Fred Singer, who claimed to have obtained these figures from a 1989 article in the journal Science: however, Monbiot proved that this article had never existed.

The whole thing is absolute bollocks. To protest in the UK is laughable. We are one of the leading parties when it comes to legislating climate change. This whole carbon net zero by 2025 they want is absolutely laughable. It works out as something like 2 million gas boilers a month being replaced.

Might I suggest instead of laying in the road and stopping people earning money, they go to university and study a relevant science or engineering topic before going on to work in research in areas around what it is they are hoping to change?

The whole thing is absolute bollocks. To protest in the UK is laughable. We are one of the leading parties when it comes to legislating climate change. This whole carbon net zero by 2025 they want is absolutely laughable. It works out as something like 2 million gas boilers a month being replaced.

Might I suggest instead of laying in the road and stopping people earning money, they go to university and study a relevant science or engineering topic before going on to work in research in areas around what it is they are hoping to change?
Should we burn more carbon to make a point then? Change comes from developed countries. Like the UK.

Should we burn more carbon to make a point then? Change comes from developed countries. Like the UK.
I don’t understand your point? Why would we burn more carbon? What can we change? We are already leading change.... are you suggesting we somehow have the power to make the states and China think more about climate change?

I don’t understand your point? Why would we burn more carbon? What can we change? We are already leading change.... are you suggesting we somehow have the power to make the states and China think more about climate change?

If you think we're doing all we can to cut out emissions you're having a laugh. We've plenty to do to get our own house in order.

The UK is in the top 15 polluters in the world, if you measure per capita. Even if you ignore the wider climate change issue, we're also truly awful for localised air pollution with most of our cities breaching legal air quality limits. It doesn't need to be this way, it's lazy, it can change.

As above, change will have to be lead by countries like the UK and other places in western EU.

If you think we're doing all we can to cut out emissions you're having a laugh. We've plenty to do to get our own house in order.

The UK is in the top 15 polluters in the world, if you measure per capita. Even if you ignore the wider climate change issue, we're also truly awful for localised air pollution with most of our cities breaching legal air quality limits. It doesn't need to be this way, it's lazy, it can change.

As above, change will have to be lead by countries like the UK and other places in western EU.
We are being realistic. Do you drive? Are you happy to give up a lot of life’s luxuries? The UK is also one of the least polluting developed countries. Our major cities are increasingly being pedestrianised. We have committed to making change. 2050 is a realistic target for net zero emissions.

Or perhaps they could become qualified gas boiler engineers to help with the millions that would need changing!

We are being realistic. Do you drive? Are you happy to give up a lot of life’s luxuries? The UK is also one of the least polluting developed countries. Our major cities are increasingly being pedestrianised. We have committed to making change. 2050 is a realistic target for net zero emissions.

I don't drive, no. Our cities are changing at a glacial pace, I wish they were being pedestrianised, it would make my job much more interesting!

It's a half arsed commitment, and it's far too slow, hence these protests. This will force further change imo, the younger generations will not have it.

But what do you want us to do differently?

We already back the carbon neutral by 2050, we are ahead of schedule on that.

I mean how do you want things to be done differently? We need money and a functioning economy to pay for the change to renewables and carbon reduced/neutral power output.

We invest heavily in technological solutions, at the moment we are in the top 3-7 countries investing in Thorium reactors, Carbon Capture power plants and Fusion Reactors.

We're on course to hit our Energy from waste and biomass fuel targets, so year on year we are reducing our output to land fill sites and eventually will stop altogether.

They are a part of the biggest climate agreement in history and are exceeding the rate at which the targets must be acheived.

We had the longest run without turning on a coal power plant this year in history.

I mean what more do you want from the government right now?

But what do you want us to do differently?

We already back the carbon neutral by 2050, we are ahead of schedule on that.

I mean how do you want things to be done differently? We need money and a functioning economy to pay for the change to renewables and carbon reduced/neutral power output.

We invest heavily in technological solutions, at the moment we are in the top 3-7 countries investing in Thorium reactors, Carbon Capture power plants and Fusion Reactors.

We're on course to hit our Energy from waste and biomass fuel targets, so year on year we are reducing our output to land fill sites and eventually will stop altogether.

They are a part of the biggest climate agreement in history and are exceeding the rate at which the targets must be acheived.

We had the longest run without turning on a coal power plant this year in history.

I mean what more do you want from the government right now?

They don’t actually know what they want that can be realistically achieved. Why have some substance about your organisation when you can just be a right pain in the arse to the extent that you begin to lose public support.

Back