Everton (deduction reduced)

Leicester were punished for appointing Dean Smith after Rodger’s they should’ve finished above Everton with the squad they had was better than Everton’s probably cost much more too 🙄

Only had themselves to blame their relegation wasn’t on Everton same with Leeds

Wolves aren’t you on brink of breaking FFP and will have to sell players in the summer ? Keep quiet lad

Football insider as a source? Lmao

To answer your question no we don’t have to sell players this summer to meet FFP.

However Neto will be sold to the highest bidder (over £70m) as he wants to move and we will ship out a bit of dead wood and reinvest in the squad.

We did our ffp fire sale last summer to stick within the rules.

City have been charged with 115 FFP breaches, if they aren’t demoted it’ll make a mockery of the rules and it’ll be open season from then on.

If they aren’t demoted you might as well do away with FFP.

I imagine they’ll get away with a big fine as the Premier League don’t want their cash cow in the EFL.
If they’re found to be guilty of any of them, sure. But that’s the hard part. The charges are so arcane (strictly, only 7 are FFP overspends, and proving them depends on proving at least some of the 58 false reporting charges) that we’ll have arguments between forensic accountants and I wouldn’t be that surprised if it turns out the EPL fails to make its case.

Past history in the EFL suggests you’ve got to be pretty stupid or blatant to get done. Apply even a bit of nous to finding loopholes and you’ll be fine. Suspect the EPL will be the same.

If they’re found to be guilty of any of them, sure. But that’s the hard part. The charges are so arcane (strictly, only 7 are FFP overspends, and proving them depends on proving at least some of the 58 false reporting charges) that we’ll have arguments between forensic accountants and I wouldn’t be that surprised if it turns out the EPL fails to make its case.

Past history in the EFL suggests you’ve got to be pretty stupid or blatant to get done. Apply even a bit of nous to finding loopholes and you’ll be fine. Suspect the EPL will be the same.
I fear it will come down to who has the strongest legal team. I heard that City have appointed 30 in-house lawyers to fight the charges.

The criticism of the length of the process is a bit unfair as the Prem League would have anticipated this and will have tried to make the case as watertight as possible. They cannot match the legal fees that City are prepared to pay.

Back