England v Australia 2nd T20 live on BBC1 and sky Sunday 6th September at 215pm game start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bairstow will miss out. I wouldnt be moving Malan down the order to accommodate him. Right now there is probably 1 spot up for grab in that team and it's the number 6 spot.

there is absolutely zero chance bairstow is getting dropped like

this place never fails to amaze me he’s one of the best white ball players in the world

He averages 1 less than Buttler in the IT20s

anyway, aye

class win, we are a quality side, literally nothing to moan about

Just wish the world cup was this year, bloody Covid

Yeah best side we have had imo,when all fit, better than when we won it and better than when we got to the final.

Bairstow place not in doubt in the slightest for me.

Roy
buttler
bairstow
malan
morgan
stokes
moeen
jordan
rashid
archer
wood

unless anything unforeseen occurs.

Malan is averaging over 60 batting at 3, overall he has a higher average than anyone who has ever played in this format. He is pretty much undroppable now and I had doubts over him

Or yeah of course, diffcult to argue on them stats alone over his 14 games, however taking everything into account past,present and future imo think Bairstow is the better player.

Adam Voges had a awesome test average 61 over a short test career, but still plently test batsman well better.

Last edited:
Or yeah of course, diffcult to argue on them stats alone over his 14 games, however taking everything into account past,present and future imo think Bairstow is the better player.

He'd be in my team but I dont get to pick the team. They obviously want Buttler to open so it's a choice between Roy or Bairstow to open with him wouldnt be surprised if they go with Roy. And that's assuming Hales is completely out of the equation because he is a better opener than both of those in this format

He'd be in my team but I dont get to pick the team. They obviously want Buttler to open so it's a choice between Roy or Bairstow to open with him wouldnt be surprised if they go with Roy. And that's assuming Hales is completely out of the equation because he is a better opener than both of those in this format

I tell you what all 4 very good, Buttler, Bairstow, Hales and Roy,good position to be in.

As for Malan he has been brilliant for his 14 games, and you right you can’t drop someone with that record, ( who be a selector!) but we need to be careful not to get carried away, as think the 4 above are better players despite his stats.

Like I say you would not say Voges, better than Ponting, Waugh, etc etc, just because of stats.

Last edited:

Adam Voges had a awesome test average 61 over a short test career, but still plently test batsman well better.
hes going to have to be prepared to be flexible regarding which number he goes in imo. Roy and Buttler to open has to be a given....... the 3 is dependant on how they perform do we want to maintain the attack or steady the ship
Would be still tempted to put Buttler 5 or 6 and move everyone up one.
why have buttler finishing at 5 or 6 when he can do it at 1 or 2

Last edited:
Malan is averaging over 60 batting at 3, overall he has a higher average than anyone who has ever played in this format. He is pretty much undroppable now and I had doubts over him

its just my opinion of course, but I bet he won't be in the XI for the first world cup game
hes going to have to be prepared to be flexible regarding which number he goes in imo. Roy and Buttler to open has to be a given....... the 3 is dependant on how they perform do we want to maintain the attack or steady the ship

Bairstow is a better T20 player than Roy like, he is strangely hit n miss, never done it in the IPL
I tell you what all 4 very good, Buttler, Bairstow, Hales and Roy,good position to be in.

As for Malan he has been brilliant for his 14 games, and you right you can’t drop someone with that record, ( who be a selector!) but we need to be careful not to get carried away, as think the 4 above are better players despite his stats.

Like I say you would not say Voges, better than Ponting, Waugh, etc etc, just because of stats.

Aye its a shame that is not out top 4 like

Last edited:

Yeah it is a tight call, can totally see the argument for Buttler opening, however we have Bairstow, Banton and Roy very good openers, and even possibly Hales, where we have not got a 5 or 6 as good as Buttler finishing so diffcult call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back