England v Australia 2nd T20 live on BBC1 and sky Sunday 6th September at 215pm game start

Ghfd

Winger
Be interesting to see the selection tomorrow if England decide to go unchanged.

weather looks set fair for another full game.

anyone else looking forward to michael Vaughan commentating again? ;)

The only players I would bring in aren't in the squad, i.e. Hales or Root for Moeen.
I agree here. They put up a stat last night showing hales as England’s second all time scorer in t20. Its such a shame that they can’t accommodate him in the squad.

i feel missing the World Cup and other games since, he has served his time now and should be used.

personally I’m totally confused by the selection of Denly, when he never gets a game.
No changes to the line up but Banton needs to open
I don’t think that will be happening either.

I agree here. They put up a stat last night showing hales as England’s second all time scorer in t20. Its such a shame that they can’t accommodate him in the squad.

i feel missing the World Cup and other games since, he has served his time now and should be used.

personally I’m totally confused by the selection of Denly, when he never gets a game.

Yeah I noticed that. Root and Hales are actually above Morgan in all time T20I batting averages and not in the squad. I also recall Mogs dropping Malan for "playing for his average". You get a sense Mogs likes being the star batsman a bit.

Denly is a shocking selection, averages 10 at a SR of 96. How you have him in the squad and not Hales, Root or even Ravi fuckin Bopara for that matter is beyond me.

Could there be an economic thing in the selection of Denly in that they’ve already paid for his white ball central contract?
That can only be a reason. I’m not against the lad but imo, he won’t be there cone India t20 World Cup, so I don’t see the point in him being involved sitting in the dug out

Denly is a shocking selection, averages 10 at a SR of 96. How you have him in the squad and not Hales, Root or even Ravi fuckin Bopara for that matter is beyond me.

Okay that's going too far. Denly may do nothing but at least he's not actively losing you games by being a so-called finisher who potters about and then delivers the coup de grace with all the bottle of a South African in a World Cup knockout match.

Hell he even lost a game for Sussex the other day - 18 off 18 at the death when chasing 196. Got out off the penultimate ball with 2 runs to win. They couldn't score off the last and lost by 1 run.

Agree on Hales. Walks into the side for me.

I think it's clear that Denley isn't rated at all by Morgan or Silverwood, he's Ed Smith's pick. Smith will keep putting him in the squad, and Morgs will keep refusing to play him

Agree on Hales. Walks into the side for me.

I think it's clear that Denley isn't rated at all by Morgan or Silverwood, he's Ed Smith's pick. Smith will keep putting him in the squad, and Morgs will keep refusing to play him
It is all a bit petty with Hales now. Like others have said he has served his time missing out on the world cup win and surely has to be in the t20 world cup squad. He pretty much walks into any t20 team in the world and it would be ridiculous for us to leave him out of the squad out of spite.

Yeah I noticed that. Root and Hales are actually above Morgan in all time T20I batting averages and not in the squad. I also recall Mogs dropping Malan for "playing for his average". You get a sense Mogs likes being the star batsman a bit.

Debatable whether they’d want hales in the starting 11 with the other opening options, but should definitely be in the squad and he’s done his time now and needs to get back in. I agreed with dropping him for the World Cup but that’s done now and he should be in and around the squad and at least given his chance in a few games to stake his own claim

Think the Aussies will bounce back today. Seems to happen more often than not in these t20 series, fortunes will change round from one game to the next.

On Hales the one thing you could say is that we do have a lot of opening options, so they may be thinking why bring him back if we don’t have to, had his chance and blew it etc. I’d want him in mind opening with Banton, Buttler back down to the middle order and Bairstow out

Think the Aussies will bounce back today. Seems to happen more often than not in these t20 series, fortunes will change round from one game to the next.

On Hales the one thing you could say is that we do have a lot of opening options, so they may be thinking why bring him back if we don’t have to, had his chance and blew it etc. I’d want him in mind opening with Banton, Buttler back down to the middle order and Bairstow out
🚨🚨🚨🚨

Ha’way England, one of the greatest sporting rivalries England v Australia, I’m excited 😆
Aussie wins the toss and will bat first

Last edited:

Back