England in west Indies 2019

Impressive.

Seems all the reasonable places I've seen on booking.com are going between £2k-3k for 12 days. A lot of the all inclusive ones seem to soar above £5k.

If you're still looking at this St Lucia appears to be £40 a night ish for nice digs.

Flights 600pp for a ten day trip leaving Gatwick end of day 4 last time we checked.

100% do it independent if you can....

A few of us did Antigua for a tour in the mid 2000's and we were told that we'd have no chance of getting tickets unless we went through official tour groups etc. Paid 70 quid per day (350 all up) and then were offered tickets for 5 quid a day outside the hotel when we arrived. Thousands of empty seats every day as well.

Antigua was decent as an island. And was the venue for Duran Duran's video for 'Rio'. Couple of good nights in the local bars etc.

100% do it independent if you can....

A few of us did Antigua for a tour in the mid 2000's and we were told that we'd have no chance of getting tickets unless we went through official tour groups etc. Paid 70 quid per day (350 all up) and then were offered tickets for 5 quid a day outside the hotel when we arrived. Thousands of empty seats every day as well.

Antigua was decent as an island. And was the venue for Duran Duran's video for 'Rio'. Couple of good nights in the local bars etc.

Saw the Barmy Army up in arms about the cost of test tickets in Sri Lanka in one news article on their website, then in the next they're flogging 8 days in Barbados for £3k!

My flights & accommodation cost me £800 when I went, tickets for game were about £20-£30 a day iirc. People on the hospitality packages paid through the nose for all five days at the cricket and didn't get any recompense for days four & five (it was over and done with in three).

Saw the Barmy Army up in arms about the cost of test tickets in Sri Lanka in one news article on their website, then in the next they're flogging 8 days in Barbados for £3k!

My flights & accommodation cost me £800 when I went, tickets for game were about £20-£30 a day iirc. People on the hospitality packages paid through the nose for all five days at the cricket and didn't get any recompense for days four & five (it was over and done with in three).

Their stance on Sri Lanka can't be argued with imo. Sadly it won't work though.

For those going, BA members (which is free to sign up for) have priority booking for the games from today.

Any chance of any day's selling out? Barbados Saturday mebbes?

First two days sold out in advance last time. Third day sold out on the day. We won't mention the fourth and fifth days. Possible the only test Cook scored a ton, Jimmy took a five-for, we had a first innings lead and lost?

Back