England in west Indies 2019

Doubt you'll spend that if you're going for a week mind. About £30 a day for the cricket, and they never last all 5 days. I would book a hotel and ask them to get you the tickets if you're going to Barbados (1st two days were sold out in advance when I went and 3rd ended up sold out on the day). The others you should be able to get tickets easily enough. Beer and food were quite cheap, about £4 for three beers in the ground. Service is f***ing abysmal mind.
Really? Thought that would be the least of my worries with the poor attendances for Tests in WI, even for England.

Your right about the service- a joke. FFS it's cans anarl.

I complained last time I went and got served at my seat the following day for the duration as the catering gaffer upheld my complaint and was apologetic. Fair play.
I got pissed as a result .

There was a gadjie walking round the seats like a cinema usherette flogging cans when I was there. 3 for $10 went up to 3 for $12 after lunch.

Really? Thought that would be the least of my worries with the poor attendances for Tests in WI, even for England.

Barbados is always a sell-out. Only holds about 11k I think, and about 10k people will travel from the UK.

Last edited:
There was a gadjie walking round the seats like a cinema usherette flogging cans when I was there. 3 for $10 went up to 3 for $12 after lunch.

Barbados is always a sell-out. Only holds about 11k I think, and about 10k people will travel from the UK.

Fair enough. Shouldn't be a massive problem as I'm usually on the ball. Would have been nice to have the safety net of pay on the day if the notoriously disorganised WICB make buying in advance a ballache. Might ask the hotel although I never like trusting others to organise things

Just been having a look in the ICC site for any news. Nothing substantial yet but the ICC have us down to be playing between 07/01/19 - 22/03/19. This might help those planning on going working out what budget they'll need.

My guess is that the 3 tests will be played Jan/Feb, the 5 ODI's in Feb/Mar and the 3 T20 games at the end of the tour in March.

Has anyone seen the itinerary for the Windies tour anywhere ? I'm planning on a trip to st Lucia in Feb or Mar and want to try and coincide with a game if some sort. Cheers

Just a heads up...

Been told England are playing in Barbados, St Lucia & Antigua for tests and those plus Guyana & St Kitts for one dayers next Jan - Mar. Exact dates to be released this Wednesday coming.

Just been having a look in the ICC site for any news. Nothing substantial yet but the ICC have us down to be playing between 07/01/19 - 22/03/19. This might help those planning on going working out what budget they'll need.

My guess is that the 3 tests will be played Jan/Feb, the 5 ODI's in Feb/Mar and the 3 T20 games at the end of the tour in March.

2 x T20 games in St Kitts apparently, guessing the other will be in Guyana along with a ODI.

Last edited:
This is one on my bucket list. I've always wanted to go to the West Indies and watch England play. I've got mates who are rugby lads and for them its a British Lions tour but for me this would be the pinnacle. :cool:

I went to Barbados 20 yrs ago on holiday and it was the best holiday I've ever had. Loved it. The thought of watching the cricket out there...it just doesn't seem to get any better. :)

One day hopefully...

Found the following on a TripAdvisor forum. These aren't confirmed but the general consensus is this is the correct itinerary:

Tests
23-27th Jan - Barbados
31 Jan - 4 Feb - Antigua
9th -13th Feb - St Lucia

ODIs
20 and 22 Feb - Barbados
25 and 27 - Grenada
2nd March - St Lucia

T20
5th March - St Lucia
8th and 10th March - St Kitts

Also International Cricket Tours are putting packages on sale from tomorrow 30/08.

Found the following on a TripAdvisor forum. These aren't confirmed but the general consensus is this is the correct itinerary:

Tests
23-27th Jan - Barbados
31 Jan - 4 Feb - Antigua
9th -13th Feb - St Lucia

ODIs
20 and 22 Feb - Barbados
25 and 27 - Grenada
2nd March - St Lucia

T20
5th March - St Lucia
8th and 10th March - St Kitts

Also International Cricket Tours are putting packages on sale from tomorrow 30/08.

What's St Lucia meant to be like? Micey or pleasant like Barbados?

What's St Lucia meant to be like? Micey or pleasant like Barbados?

Never heard anything bad about it. Its my preferred choice for this tour too. Need to check with the other lads as to what they prefer. The March T20 games are a no no for me unfortunately. I quite fancy doing the ODI's although cost could be a problem.

BTW, I've been checking flight prices and whilst they're all around the £500-£600 mark they don't include checked baggage. Even for BA & Virgin although they offer a cost including checked baggage. Just something to watch out for.

Never heard anything bad about it. Its my preferred choice for this tour too. Need to check with the other lads as to what they prefer. The March T20 games are a no no for me unfortunately. I quite fancy doing the ODI's although cost could be a problem.

BTW, I've been checking flight prices and whilst they're all around the £500-£600 mark they don't include checked baggage. Even for BA & Virgin although they offer a cost including checked baggage. Just something to watch out for.

Flight durations for the match on the small island (was that St Lucia?) were bad from NCL last time, that stopped us going.

Flight durations for the match on the small island (was that St Lucia?) were bad from NCL last time, that stopped us going.

Just checked for the test match and flights with BA from NCL to UVF are via Miami and are horrendous in price & travel time. Direct from LGW is coming in at just under £690 return and only a 9 hour flight. It would need an overnight stay in London/Gatwick on the way out though.

The ODI's with BA & Liat are coming in at around £1,000 which isn't as bad as I thought.

St Lucia direct from MCR is £720 return, out 7/2, back 14/2. Luggage allowance incl. (20kg hold, 6kg hand) with Thomas Cook airlines.

Same journey for 1 dayers there out 28/2, back 7/3 is £540.

Cheers mate :)

I'm tempted by the ODIs, either there or Barbados.

Barbados can be done for 550 return from Newcastle, albeit 15 hours each way. If it's the ODI rather than tests decently priced Air BnBs should be easier to get too...

Cheers mate :)

I'm tempted by the ODIs, either there or Barbados.

Barbados can be done for 550 return from Newcastle, albeit 15 hours each way. If it's the ODI rather than tests decently priced Air BnBs should be easier to get too...

Barbados is direct from MCR anarl like. Only 11 hours out (it usually stops in St Lucia or Tobago 1st) and 8 hours back. Should be about the same cost wise.

Back