England in west Indies 2019

What are the chances of getting tickets separately for at least one of the Barbados ODIS?

Be surprised if they'll sell out. Most people go for the test. Pick the right hotel and they might get them for you.
True mate if going through the WI ticket site when they go on sale.
The games there could well sell out nearer the time when holidaymakers latch onto the fact we are there for a couple of games when they are

Tests
23-27th Jan - Barbados
31 Jan - 4 Feb - Antigua
9th -13th Feb - St Lucia

ODIs
20 and 22 Feb - Barbados
25 and 27 - Grenada
2nd March - St Lucia

T20
5th March - St Lucia
8th and 10th March - St Kitts

You knew Antigua was in when Sky did a mini-doc with Viv Richards about Antiguan cricket yesterday. Will play that about twenty times during that test, perhaps fifty during the series.

Yes spotted them - sadly were are booked for st lucia a couple of weeks early. Cheers anyway.

Wouldn't it be a travesty if you missed your flight back...

Thinking of going to the Barbados test, tickets wouldn't likely sell out would they? Don't think Test Cricket usually sells out in the WI.

Out of interest, what would it cost to have a couple of weeks over there and take in a test? Anyone here done it?

Flights are about £1,200 at the moment per person with BA and Virgin, Hotels for 12 nights look around £2k-£3k for the majority of them at least.

Its definitely a £4k-6k holiday for two weeks.

Last edited:
Thinking of going to the Barbados test, tickets wouldn't likely sell out would they? Don't think Test Cricket usually sells out in the WI.

Flights are about £1,200 at the moment per person with BA and Virgin, Hotels for 12 nights look around £2k-£3k for the majority of them at least.

Cheers. Not one I can sneak past the committee then :lol:

The test will sell out for the first two days. The third day will sell probably sell out on the day. It probably won't get to a fourth day.

Fly from Manchester with Thomas Cook, 21-28 Jan is less than £700 return.

Last edited:

We did 12 days for less than £1,500 (albeit in 2009). That's going out every night but staying in what's now probably an Air BnB.

Impressive.

Seems all the reasonable places I've seen on booking.com are going between £2k-3k for 12 days. A lot of the all inclusive ones seem to soar above £5k.

We rented out the upstairs of a German woman's house, three lads in two rooms mind. Hotels a different story as you say.

The hotel prices will be mental as you say.

Where are you getting those prices from? Flying NCL-BGI with BA is around £700 return for the test. The ODIs are a bit more expensive at £900. You can get an apartment in a decent spot for around US$800 too.

As @NorthCountryBoy said you can do it for at least half of what your currently being quoted. And that includes tickets and spending money. When I went in 2015 it cost £1,550 for flights and digs through BA. And that was just staying on my own. Don't think I spent more than £700 for food, drink, travel & tickets in the 15 nights I was there.

We rented out the upstairs of a German woman's house, three lads in two rooms mind. Hotels a different story as you say.

The hotel prices will be mental as you say.

Was that Cherry Tree Apartments? Stayed there on a recommendation of Podge in 2007. Spot on they were. Looked at prices for staying there for the test and a two bed apartment was US$550 for seven nights. Not showing up on booking.com now unfortunately.

Last edited:
Where are you getting those prices from? Flying NCL-BGI with BA is around £700 return for the test. The ODIs are a bit more expensive at £900. You can get an apartment in a decent spot for around US$800 too.

As @NorthCountryBoy said you can do it for at least half of what your currently being quoted. And that includes tickets and spending money. When I went in 2015 it cost £1,550 for flights and digs through BA. And that was just staying on my own. Don't think I spent more than £700 for food, drink, travel & tickets in the 15 nights I was there.

Was that Cherry Tree Apartments? Stayed there on a recommendation of Podge in 2007. Spot on they were. Looked at prices for staying there for the test and a two bed apartment was US$550 for seven nights. Not showing up on booking.com now unfortunately.

I dunno the name mate, but she was called Bridget and lived right next to Dover Field. George was on the other side of the field, he used to message the locals and get a spare room off them as you probs know.

If you're after doing the same I've got the owner of one of the rum shacks on my FB still. No doubt a few of them would be happy to earn some £££.

That 550 deal you saw looked good mind.

There are Gatwick and Manchester flights available still. Plus operators (NOT the company i work for, we just do normal hols) like Pan express travel (the one in the UK, not Canada) have loads of hotels. I'm trying to get out myself and the flights are super busy because couldn't use agents discount, but held 20th-30th jan. In Barbados Infinity on the Beach is a good, low cost option as is Dover Beach. the Elegant hotels are good for 4* plus (I've got 3 nights in Crystal Cove) but seem quite pricey. Otherwise Antigua is looking the best overall value

There are Gatwick and Manchester flights available still. Plus operators (NOT the company i work for, we just do normal hols) like Pan express travel (the one in the UK, not Canada) have loads of hotels. I'm trying to get out myself and the flights are super busy because couldn't use agents discount, but held 20th-30th jan. In Barbados Infinity on the Beach is a good, low cost option as is Dover Beach. the Elegant hotels are good for 4* plus (I've got 3 nights in Crystal Cove) but seem quite pricey. Otherwise Antigua is looking the best overall value

They'll get tickets for the cricket for you if you ask 'em.

Back