England 2022

Show off. :lol:
Aye. I thought that. But tbh hotels and transport links are OK. Capable of hosting major concerts so I'd think capable of hosting a few thousand fans.
I'm unsure why it wouldn't be acceptable. What's your reasoning behind that?

They used st james for the Olympics though?
Our changing rooms are different too I think (though that may be colours and the size may be the same).
It wouldn't bother me. I just posted initially as there always seems to be a few posters who try to put Safc and thr sol down straight away. I remembered the 4 star uefa thing and I did find it intersting like.

Me too, I found it a very interesting read indeed.

And yes, St James' was a venue in the Olympics.

Last edited:

They only allow 2 grounds in the same city once so that would be Wembley and Spurs stadium.

Old Trafford, Anfield and Villa Park certainly. SoL or St James or both. Elland Road or Hillsborough or perhaps the Millennium Stadium Cardiff?

I don't see it happening as plans are too far down the road.
Old Trafford is in Salford City so both there and the Etihad would host games if there was to be a tournament in England.
Excellent transport links and stacks of accommodation makes it the second best location outside of London

Last edited:
If Qatar get striped of the World Cup it'll got to either Japan, South Korea or Australia. They all bid for the right to host the 2022 World Cup along with the USA. The Yanks got 2026 along with Mexico and Canada so I reckon it'll go to one of the 3 original bids.

Last edited:
Old Trafford is in Salford City so both there and the Etihad would host games if there was to be a tournament in England.
Excellent transport links and stacks of accommodation makes it the second best location outside of London
Old Trafford is in Manchester not Salford unless they have very recently messed with the boundaries. Boundary has always been the ship canal with Trafford on the Manchester side.

Back