England 2022

You do realise it isn't actually happening?
I appreciate its highly unlikely but I wouldn’t be surprised if Qatar is stripped of it if anything comes of these investigations, and we would best placed to host a summer World Cup. The winter World Cup will frustrate a lot of big players such as UEFA and the Premier League too, I cant see the Champions League or Europa League taking place in the 2022/2023 season as it stands.

I appreciate its highly unlikely but I wouldn’t be surprised if Qatar is stripped of it if anything comes of these investigations, and we would best placed to host a summer World Cup. The winter World Cup will frustrate a lot of big players such as UEFA and the Premier League too, I cant see the Champions League or Europa League taking place in the 2022/2023 season as it stands.

Yeah but as qixman pointed out

"Won't happen, the legal ramifications would be huge, Qatar would sue FIFA out of existence surely."

It's too late now, the ship has sailed.. It's shit but that is the way it is now.

We haven't held a major tournament since 1996. In the extremely unlikely event it did happen it would be best to give it to nation that has. There's more to it than stadiums. There would need to be changes to infastructure and travel links. Germany would be ideal for taking it at only a couple of years notice.

Yeah but as qixman pointed out

"Won't happen, the legal ramifications would be huge, Qatar would sue FIFA out of existence surely."

It's too late now, the ship has sailed.. It's shit but that is the way it is now.
A winter World Cup is ridiculous, if it ends up taking place as scheduled I would never criticise the FA again if they just don’t enter England into qualification, hopefully other nations would follow suit. I hear 44 people have died constructing the stadiums too, the moral argument against Qatar is never ending.

We haven't held a major tournament since 1996. In the extremely unlikely event it did happen it would be best to give it to nation that has. There's more to it than stadiums. There would need to be changes to infastructure and travel links. Germany would be ideal for taking it at only a couple of years notice.
We would be more than capable, maybe not as capable as Germany but the fact they’ve hosted a World Cup just 13 years ago goes against them in that respect. FIFA I imagine would want to tick both boxes, a nation who hasn’t held it for a while and has good stadiums and transport links, we are the best example of that.
Australia were beaten by Qatar but those issues you raise would be more relevant to them and why they wouldn’t host it in place of Qatar.

Last edited:
You are correct, the league they are in wouldn't factor. That said, it would be St Jame's if nothing more than for the infrastructure and transport links in Newcastle. They wouldn't award it to the SOL and not St Jame's thinking well, they can travel to Newcastle then there is links from there to Sunderland.

They could award it to both maybe, Both have shown they can host major events. It wouldn't be a cost thing, as its payed for by the F.A. anyway, so I would imagine both clubs would apply.

Sorry if that seems big headed or something and it's just an opinion.

If it were to happen, I'd expect both of us to get some games tbh.

Shame FIFA can't stand us and it will never happen as it's long overdue to be staged in this country.

Won't happen, the legal ramifications would be huge, Qatar would sue FIFA out of existence surely.
There was a link to an article on Twitter saying exactly this. Only way they would consider it is if they had cast iron proven beyond 100% evidence of widespread corruption otherwise Qatar would sue FIFA and a loss would potentially bankrupt them.

Replace hillsborough with Stadium MK

Stadium MK is too small isn't it? I thought you had to have a minimum 40k capacity to host a FIFA event.

Besides, in the seemingly impossible chance of Qatar being stripped of the 2020 World Cup I think the US would get it... you know given they bid for it and England didn't

Stadium MK is too small isn't it? I thought you had to have a minimum 40k capacity to host a FIFA event.

Besides, in the seemingly impossible chance of Qatar being stripped of the 2020 World Cup I think the US would get it... you know given they bid for it and England didn't
That would mean them hosting successive World cups.

The whole decision to award it to them was dodgy as fuck. Wouldn’t be surprised if something came out of this.

You are correct, the league they are in wouldn't factor. That said, it would be St Jame's if nothing more than for the infrastructure and transport links in Newcastle. They wouldn't award it to the SOL and not St Jame's thinking well, they can travel to Newcastle then there is links from there to Sunderland.

They could award it to both maybe, Both have shown they can host major events. It wouldn't be a cost thing, as its payed for by the F.A. anyway, so I would imagine both clubs would apply.

Sorry if that seems big headed or something and it's just an opinion.
We hosted the Spice Girls man. If we can handle 50,000 pissed up middle aged women, we can cope with a few world cup matches ;)

Not a hope in hell that qatar will host the 2020 world cup.

No it wouldn’t. Quinn was going to upgrade the stadium to 60,000 seats if we got the World Cup. Obviously England got cheated out of it and that never happened.
I'm not sure of the relevance.
60000 to make it 5 stars probably.
In 2007 we were one of 6 clubs to be 4 stars or above.
I'm not sure what the mags have done to their stadium since then (fuck all apparently) to make it 4 stars.
We would be used

A winter World Cup is ridiculous, if it ends up taking place as scheduled I would never criticise the FA again if they just don’t enter England into qualification, hopefully other nations would follow suit. I hear 44 people have died constructing the stadiums too, the moral argument against Qatar is never ending.

x100 according to posts I've seen on Facebook. We'll never know the true figure.

Back