England 2022

garyeaststand

Midfield
if this happens which stadiums would be used ?

Stadium of Light/sports direct

Elland Road

Hillsborough

Etihad/Old Trafford

Anfield/new Everton

Villa Park/Molineux (after redevelopment)

Wembley

Emirates/Spurs Stadium

St Mary's

City ground (redeveloped)

Possibly include Wales/Scotland

Ibrox/park head

Millennium

Why?

Surely it would come down to geography and the size/quality of the stadium...not which league the club currently sits in.

You are correct, the league they are in wouldn't factor. That said, it would be St Jame's if nothing more than for the infrastructure and transport links in Newcastle. They wouldn't award it to the SOL and not St Jame's thinking well, they can travel to Newcastle then there is links from there to Sunderland.

They could award it to both maybe, Both have shown they can host major events. It wouldn't be a cost thing, as its payed for by the F.A. anyway, so I would imagine both clubs would apply.

Sorry if that seems big headed or something and it's just an opinion.

Is this really going to happen?
Qatar to be stripped??

We have always been known as the 'country who could host the world cup tomorrow'.

You are correct, the league they are in wouldn't factor. That said, it would be St Jame's if nothing more than for the infrastructure and transport links in Newcastle. They wouldn't award it to the SOL and not St Jame's thinking well, they can travel to Newcastle then there is links from there to Sunderland.

They could award it to both maybe, Both have shown they can host major events. It wouldn't be a cost thing, as its payed for by the F.A. anyway, so I would imagine both clubs would apply.

Where is St Jame's?

You're right. I doubt they would anorl with St. James' being a more sensible option for all the reasons you listed. St. James' is also marginally bigger which will be another advantage.

Back