Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

You must still be on an old deal then, make the most of it while Shell are still in UK market. I found them very good but switched once my deal with them finished last October.

Ill take a better look later ta mate.

@cfg

app says Im on shell v2.
Elec 31.97pkw and 49.93p standing OCTOPUS 31.87 and 48.29
Gas £10.20 pkwh and 28.48p standing OCTOPUS 10.20 and 26.84

Might be worth me comparing again in a fortnight or so.

@cfg

app says Im on shell v2.
Elec 31.97pkw and 49.93p standing OCTOPUS 31.87 and 48.29
Gas £10.20 pkwh and 28.48p standing OCTOPUS 10.20 and 26.84

Might be worth me comparing again in a fortnight or so.
There’ll be a change on 1st April. Can’t see any cheap deals anytime soon.

Bit strange Octopus doing this, they acquired 1.5 million customers in October.
I hope they can manage the influx and are being run well from how they have been otherwise they could be the next ones to go.
I changed to Octopus for SEG payment and was referred by a friend, just got our £50 from them.

Lol SSE have just replied to an email I sent back in November........***** !!!!
When I was working in energy ,ways that they fiddle the stats so they don't get fines they say they have system issues and can't take calls so the handling times go down so you have to fill a form out for the company to call them back.
Any serious calls you had to handle (your computer has miraculously started working again) but i had to call someone back as someone logged the customer needed a callback as was feeling suicidal.
I called a few times and had to end up calling the police.
Honestly some people in energy companies do not care at all and hope your email wasn't important😟

Last edited:
When I was working in energy ,ways that they fiddle the stats so they don't get fines they say they have system issues and can't take calls so the handling times go down so you have to fill a form out for the company to call them back.
Any serious calls you had to handle (your computer has miraculously started working again) but i had to call someone back as someone logged the customer needed a callback as was feeling suicidal.
I called a few times and had to end up calling the police.
Honestly some people in energy companies do not care at all and hope your email wasn't important😟
Thank you, and it wasn't that important but I had even asked for them to acknowledge receipt of the email 🤣 so technically they did about 70 days later FFS.

Back