Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

Is it though?
The earnings of big corp do come down to us anyway in the form of pensions, capital growth and dividends ……..
I don’t directly hold any Shell shares, but checked SIPP just now and seen +£7k growth this year, that doesn’t come from no where. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s an element that should be considered.
“Boooo companies make lots of profit”, at the same time as “yay, my investments are up”.

It's basically Robin Hood in reverse.
The poor don't have investments, some might have minimal pension fund but paying a hell of a lot more in to what they indirectly get back. Whereas the well off have larger investments & will make more on the back of it.

All this faux outcry does from halfwits like yourself is just enable people to get into more. And more debt. Btw

Yes centrica are scum generally speaking.
Yes legtimately vulnerable people shouldnt have meters force fit.
The rest are fair game - people cant just be allowed to use their energy for nowt whilst the rest of us are making sacrifices and working our nuts off to pay.

Non payments without a prepay meter? You just use as much gas and leccy for nowt and get loads of CCJs which mean very little.

Years ago people would have gone without and made sacrifices but not in live for the moment britain.

Everything is portrayed with the vulnerable there will be plenty just taking the piss.

Everything is portrayed with the vulnerable there will be plenty just taking the piss.
Ive worked in debt collection / HMCS for a time, amongst other lines of work. I could write a book on people taking the piss and citing vulnerability, and just running up more and more and more debt living the high life without giving a fuck.

Ive worked in debt collection / HMCS for a time, amongst other lines of work. I could write a book on people taking the piss and citing vulnerability, and just running up more and more and more debt living the high life without giving a fuck.
it is hard for some people to fully understand that they have a responsibility to repay a debt. I dont know why, but they do.

On subject of energy, I have seen people have the gas fire on full blast and open the windows because it is too hot.

Same with lighting, they keep the curtains closed but have all the lights in the house on.

These are extremes so does that show that some education is needed in schools as to household costs.

we are a nanny state though. some people cannot be bothered to feed their children before school, so what do we do, we feed them (it is not the childs fault their parent (s) are lazy good for nothing scroungers).

On the other hand there are some fantastic young parents who adore their children and make sure they are fed and in clean clothes

for too long we have allowed the bad to spread.

Identical to my current shell rate mate.
You must still be on an old deal then, make the most of it while Shell are still in UK market. I found them very good but switched once my deal with them finished last October.

Back