Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

For my email from Scottish Power today about coming off my fixed rate while the kids were getting haircuts. Mentioned to the other man waiting and the hairdresser that I’m going from £1700 a year to £4600 a year.

Both of them said - “but I thought she was capping the bills at £2500??”

FUÇKING HELL MAN.
Oddly enough my barber said the same.

There is no cap

I think Liz is going to find her poll figures go even further south once people realise they are paying more than £2500.

That’s cheap, I was quoted £8k on a fixed tariff. (And I’ve got solar panels and solar thermal to heat hot water)
Mad innit. I've zoned off the rooms and it's basically the kitchen and gorls room well keep warm. Everything else is set to 15

Energy suppliers are applying the discount in different ways. Some are applying it to your energy account and reducing your direct debit, others are taking the full direct debit and refunding you the government credit to your bank account. I know which i'd prefer.

Isn't the net result exactly the same?

£66 paid into the utility account by the government on Wednesday. Credit is now £503 but not had the heating on yet.
Think I’m £600 in credit and with the government payments that should 🤞cover the whole of the increase from the previous year so I hopefully won’t pay any extra with a bit of luck

Hopefully you’re the same

Still waiting on my £66 from Scottish Power, direct debit came out last Monday.
Same day my dads came out with SP and he hasn’t got his either.
I'm on a fixed tariff till next month with EDF.
I take it they will just automatically put me on a variable one when my contract runs out?
I was just put straight onto variable when my fixed rate tariff ended in June.

Last edited:
Ah
Still waiting on my £66 from Scottish Power, direct debit came out last Monday.
Ours got credited to the account on Thursday and was gone on Friday.

Their comms around how they’re repaying it is absolutely shocking. There’s no information anywhere other than “you’ll get it around 5 days later” which hasn’t happened and anything on social media just asks you to send a DM which go unanswered.

I am just on live chat to try and sort my DD out. Strangely their predictions are very different from actual data on usage and unsurprisingly the DD review is putting it up. Their algorithm guy in their IT dept must be on glue in how they have calculated "usage"

Ah

Ours got credited to the account on Thursday and was gone on Friday.

Their comms around how they’re repaying it is absolutely shocking. There’s no information anywhere other than “you’ll get it around 5 days later” which hasn’t happened and anything on social media just asks you to send a DM which go unanswered.
My DD with Scottish Power doesn’t go out til the 13th so I’ll not be expecting my refund anytime soon.

Back