Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

I notice the OP was posted on the 5th January, which was a good 7 weeks or so before Russia invaded Ukraine, which is odd as Liz Truss and the rest of the government are insistent that the rise in energy prices is purely down to the Ukraine conflict 🤔
I'm pretty sure my first price rise was in October 2021after my fixed came to an end. I looked at the fixed rates available then and thought they were weirdly high so stayed with variable. A mistake looking back.

I’m on a fixed rate which expires April next year. I’ve got an end terraced house, 3 bedrooms. What are people roughly paying per month for similar? (Yeah I know, it also depends on what you use)

I’m on a fixed rate which expires April next year. I’ve got an end terraced house, 3 bedrooms. What are people roughly paying per month for similar? (Yeah I know, it also depends on what you use)

3 bed terraced 4 people, we’re paying £220 a month on variable rate with edf. Just waiting for review of usage at minute so we’ll see if that goes up

Its always worth getting actual usage data and calculating the costs as I have queried mine v their "prediction" and it turns out my DD is 25% cheaper than they wanted to charge

Anyone got the heating on yet? It’s not too bad in our house at 17deg at the minute. The kids say it’s warm enough, wife is starting to cave though. I can see it going on soon, it’s underfloor heating only, so once on, it’s on for the winter 24/7 , as it takes a while to heat the floor block.

Anyone got the heating on yet? It’s not too bad in our house at 17deg at the minute. The kids say it’s warm enough, wife is starting to cave though. I can see it going on soon, it’s underfloor heating only, so once on, it’s on for the winter 24/7 , as it takes a while to heat the floor block.
No, and I will probably only put it on for an hour if I can see my breath tbh.

Missus has had it on s few timrs but she's finally realised 18 degrees is warm enough.

Used to pay £412 a month G&E. Had £800 refunded (overpayment) 8 weeks ago after a phone call an dd reduced to £313. Now in credit £640.
Makes me think mind, we're low energy users (small family but big old 5 bed terr. house). It looks like the energy companies are using the cash of their customers to finance the day to day running and cash flow. It's not happening for me, I'll go back to 3 month billing happily (higher tariff but it won't make any difference to us). Paying for gas and electric shouldn't be like an expensive subscription for something you don't use. I'm sorry and sick about the fact they are using my cash to pay their way and keep their shareholders happy.

Got my first £66 from edf, along with my new bill raising direct debit by £65 a month!
Got my £66 but heard nowt about if should be changing my payments ?? Apparently EDF only review your DD every 6 months ?
Ours on now aye . 19’.

our lass gave in and put it on for this morning, I told her not to bother with it if I am in the house and she isnt here as I will just wear 17 jumpers and 14 pairs of socks, still havnt had a bill from BG, moved in at the end of February
Problem is you can cause damp and mould in house not heating it

Back