Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuck me that shit eats through your srv pretty damn quick.

Next time I'll park closer. :)

Forgot to scan the crash site :mad:

:lol: I was running the mission for 4 tons with no cr racks, with 2 amfu patching up the damage as it was melting the conda. Which was a fuck on, as if the corrosion hit the cargo hatch in super cruise, all cargo dropped. :mad:

Getting interdicted was a giggle too. Juggling fixing the internals as you melted, and battling off a pirate.

Is there a good point to switch to multiplayer from solo? I'd like to be out there with everyone else but the bellend factor seems quite high.....

I know when to run - always ;)
seriously though, open isn't that bad - so long as you stay away from the hotspots - community goals, obsidian orbital, burning stations etc.

If you come across another CMDR in open, keep an eye on the scanner. The hollow square symbol changes to a triangle if they get guns out.
I always speak to people I meet in open, the vast majority of people aren't interested in blowing you up.

I'm just running data missions at the minute. Is there anything I should be looking to get into? Also what's the next logical upgrade from the Cobra for general purposes?

I'm just running data missions at the minute. Is there anything I should be looking to get into? Also what's the next logical upgrade from the Cobra for general purposes?

Data missions are a really good way of getting rep with factions if you've only got a small ship, once you've got a bit of cash I'd go for a Python, that's my day-to-day ship - I've got an AspX, Fed Gunship and an Imperial Cutter in the garage as well

I agree with SBH. The Python is perfect as a multi-role ship with the added benefit that it is classed as Medium so you can dock at outposts.

As far as mission types go, once you are allied with local factions the best paying ones are planetary scan jobs. Just be aware that if you have to kill skimmers you will be wanted in that system for ten minutes. If you take two missions in the same system and kill two lots of skimmers you will get a week-long bounty on your head.

Last edited:
The next logical upgrade would be to a python, it's the same ship with bigger everything.

I'm running one as a pure trader at the minute

https://eddp.co/u/bHchXaXk

No shields just 280T of trading goodness. Being able to land on medium pads means better trade routes.

There's no reason to change from multi-role ships, it will save a big chunk of money.

My hanger is like a scouser's lockup, two ships on bricks with the parts stripped out to fund my latest project while my python is trading away to make up the money I've lost buying random ships.

If the gap between the Cobra and Python is too wide, Asp Explorers are a lot of fun and you can trade rares/explore/bounty hunt your way to a Python.

Last edited:
I agree with SBH. The Python is perfect as a multi-role ship with the added benefit that it is classed as Medium so you can dock at outposts.

As far as mission types go, once you are allied with local factions the best paying ones are planetary scan jobs. Just be aware that if you have to kill skimmers you will be wanted in that system for ten minutes. If you take two missions in the same system and kill two lots of skimmers you will get a week-long bounty on your head.

Aye I was looking at fitting for planetary scans. Is it worth upgrading the stellar object scanner as that's quite expensive.

I'll try an Asp Explorer then build to a Python. Cheers all :)

Aye I was looking at fitting for planetary scans. Is it worth upgrading the stellar object scanner as that's quite expensive.

I meant planetary scans as in going down to a building or an outpost and using an SRV to scan data points.

The first three modules I always bought for a new ship were Docking Computer, Fuel Scoop and Advanced Discovery Scanner.

Asp is the dogs bollocks like. It’s the one ship I’ve kept all the way through

I keep a stripped out Asp with minimal shields, D rated everything (lightest) no weapons, and a G5 engineered FSD. Its my galaxy taxi, jumps over 50Ly. Gets me where I need to be, then pay the cost of transferring other ships as needs be.

Will probably engineer other mods for weight to squeeze more LY out of it. Its what I've made most of my exploration cash out of, and did the 5k Palin trip in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back